• I'm not really here

HP may be releasing a slate this year after all...

Slashdot Mobile Story | HP's Slate To Be Replaced By WebOS Tablet?

If they can get this out by Q3 that is amazing.

Thoughts? If it's as good as the Slate was looking, I might just get one.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Water rides are evil.

Re: HP may be releasing a slate this year after all...

It would be the way to go so that the slate could have the instant on and battery capacity that would rival and even surpass the ipad. However, by switching to the webOS, they are going to drop many things that made the slate look good. For instance the ability to install standard programs.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: HP may be releasing a slate this year after all...

I have a Palm Prē and love webOS. The only downside is that turning on the Prē can take awhile, and that would not be very annoying if not properly addressed.

Slate was apparently cancelled in part because it seemed to be trying to do too much, a full version of Windows 7. After all of the years HP has spent developing a tablet, it seems the time for a tablet running a desktop operating system is just not here.

Not too long ago a group of hackers demonstrated the Linux build of OpenOffice running on a Prē, so full [Linux] applications on a webOS device may not be too crazy of an idea.