Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Google Chrome - Google Search Toolbar?

I just switched to Chrome and I'm loving it. But one thing I don't like is that you can't get the Google toolbar (which seems odd to me).

On my IE I had the toolbar and a quick Google search right there where I could type in to search easily. I've gone through all of the options on Chrome but can't seem to find out if they have a similar search box.

I added it to my Bookmarks Bar, but I want a search box!!!

Anybody know?

• I'm not really here

Re: Google Chrome - Google Search Toolbar?

The box where you type the url doubles as a search box.

If you just type "car parts" in it will do a google search for car parts. If you type in carparts.com it will try to go to carparts.com. It works as both the url and search box. Keeps the interface simpler and speeds up the browser.

Welcome to Chrome

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Circle of Ancients

^ Oh cool, that works then.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Chrome is awesome.

• I'm not really here

It really is amazing. Lighting fast, super secure. I have yet to crash it. If an individual tab freezes up, you can kill just that tab without killing the whole browser.

And the translate page feature is mind boggling. Go visit a foreign website, wait for it to load and click on the translate button that Chrome will bring up. It's insane.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Not Here / Not Now

Chrome is nice, I like the incognito option
    California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

I love Chrome as well! It just works and coming from internet explorer this is like internet heaven. It's just so fluid!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by jenhopeful View Post
    I love Chrome as well! It just works and coming from internet explorer this is like internet heaven. It's just so fluid!
    I am always amazed at how many people are still hanging onto Internet Explorer. Even the latest version is no match for Firefox, Opera, Safari and especially Chrome.

Welcome to the internet the way it was meant to be experienced

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I despise IE with the fire of a thousand suns. Sadly you have to keep the newer versions of it it installed if you have a PC because apparently part of the Windows OS uses part of IE to run the OS (damn you, Microsoft... sneaky little bastards).

My browser of choice at home is Safari with Firefox as a backup. At work I use Firefox. But I'm curious to give Chrome a try sometime. I tried Opera once and didn't care for it.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I've been using Chrome more although I'm finding sites that it still won't work with. My husband uses it and he is really happy with it. This is a man that can abuse a browser until it cries like a kid with a melted popsicle.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I despise IE with the fire of a thousand suns. Sadly you have to keep the newer versions of it it installed if you have a PC because apparently part of the Windows OS uses part of IE to run the OS (damn you, Microsoft... sneaky little bastards).

My browser of choice at home is Safari with Firefox as a backup. At work I use Firefox. But I'm curious to give Chrome a try sometime. I tried Opera once and didn't care for it.
    Sounds like me. Being in the web business we have a computer with every version of IE from 6 up on it (including the 9 preview). I hate them all (though 9 isn't so bad surprisingly). I use Firefox and Chrome pretty evenly at work and home. You should definitely give it a try.

• Not Here / Not Now

Never tried Opera, anything exemplary about it?
    California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

• I'm not really here

Not particularly. They often claim they are the fastest browser, and before Chrome showed up they usually were, at least till the next version of Firefox came out.

I used Opera 10 for a while and found it to be a bit clunky and bloated. It still ranks better than IE. If I had to rank the browsers I would do it thusly:
    Chrome
    Firefox
    Safari
    Opera
    IE

• Circle of Ancients

Unfortunately we still have to use IE at work due to internal applications and the fact that they won't let us install anything on our work computers.

I tried Safari for awhile, but I MUCH prefer Chrome to be honest.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Unfortunately we still have to use IE at work due to internal applications and the fact that they won't let us install anything on our work computers.
    This is the biggest thing holding back the web. Businesses should spend a bit and update their software to the newer, more secure, faster browsers. It actually wouldn't be that hard and wouldn't take much. Especially if you just want a direct port of functionality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast