Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Android app for Disneyland

I'm looking for an app that not only posts wait times, but also has other bells and whistles. I remember Kevin Yee writing an article detailing iphone apps for WDW but I haven't seen much talk about apps for Disneyland.

I have a droid and was hoping to find one that updates current fastpass distribution times, alerts you to when your fastpass window has opened, reminds you that a parade or show is about to start that you wanted to see, has a place to store your locker number or parking location, has menus and prices for the restaurants, etc.

Is there a droid app like this?

I know Disney talked of putting out an app at some point. Has that happened yet?

Does Miceage have one? I'd love to support Miceage if they had an awesome app like that.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Android app for Disneyland

If your service is through Verizon, your Droid should work with the Mobile Magic application. At Mickey and Friends Parking structure, they were handing out flyers to guests (it was either Dec or Jan that I received some of the flyers), to let us know about this application through verizon.

I considered trying it out, but after talking to someone, I really didn't think it would be that much of a benefit to me. It is suppose to give you current wait times, and where some of the characters are, but it really wouldn't give you any more current info than what the wait time board would have near the central hub, and the current daytime schedule.

Here's the Disney Blog about the in park application, from when it was introduced Nov 2009.

Mobile Magic ? First Disney Parks Mobile App Now Available Disney Parks Blog

I wish they had this app for other phone services and not just verizon...i think I would get it just because it is Disney
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• Local

Thumbs up Re: Android app for Disneyland

I JUST used a freebie lastnight called "Ride Hopper Lite" It is really only a listing of wait times, but is nice.

There is a full version you can buy in the andriod market, it may have more features? Check it out.

i believe that verizon does not offer mobile magic for blackberry or android. my friend and i have been looking to put it on our phones for our trip next week, but no dice. go figure

•   
    • Minion

I use ride hopper lite I enjoy it

I have yet to find one for my droid. I was very disappointed since I got the phone right before my trip

• Drunken Disneyland Master

What's the difference between Ride Hopper 'lite' and 'full'? Besides the $0.99 charge?

• Disneyland's the best!

If you are a Verizon subscriber, you may text MAGIC to 2777 to purchase the application for $9.99. Your subscription is valid for 180 days.

If you are not a Verizon subscriber, you can visit m.disneyland.com for wait times in three categories, and FASTPASS availability.

This comes from a May 2010 map.
    Last edited by RatherBeAtDLand; 06-26-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Added source
    It's easy enough to be pleasant
    when life hums along like a song.
    But the man worth while
    is the man who can smile
    when everything goes dead wrong.

I got it for my LG touch phone through Verizon and am a little disapointed. It keeps telling me that the characters are off on vacation and doesn't list where to find them. the ride times are listed as small wait, medium wait, walk on or long wait without exact times. I'm still learning about it so maybe I'll find more but not impressed so far.

Smile Re: Android app for Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    I'm looking for an app that not only posts wait times, but also has other bells and whistles. I remember Kevin Yee writing an article detailing iphone apps for WDW but I haven't seen much talk about apps for Disneyland.

I have a droid and was hoping to find one that updates current fastpass distribution times, alerts you to when your fastpass window has opened, reminds you that a parade or show is about to start that you wanted to see, has a place to store your locker number or parking location, has menus and prices for the restaurants, etc.

Is there a droid app like this?

I know Disney talked of putting out an app at some point. Has that happened yet?

Does Miceage have one? I'd love to support Miceage if they had an awesome app like that.
    Ya, try PARKTASTIQ. Its a great app. They used to just have wait status, but now they have added wait times, the ability to 'check in' on rides and share your check in status on Facebook. Parktastiq has a great map with all the rides, bathrooms, and restaurants. You can even see the ride status on the map, and get the wait times from the map. Parktastiq is a free app too, so it is worth the try. I really like it. The first verison of Parktastiq came out a couple months ago, but the newest version of Parktastiq is awesome, I love it.

I highly recommend it!

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I installed Parktastiq on my Vibrant when I got it a few weeks ago. It doesn't do everything the OP wants, but I don't think any app does. So far it's a fun little thing with some useful info but it may develop more in time. It's free

• Water rides are evil.

Unfortunately until Disney releases the ability to read the data from the park computers (unlikely anytime soon) there won't be an app with all of what you want. More unfortunate is that the most likely phone it will appear on is the iphone...after all, Steve Jobs is on the board and it seems that Disney is releasing a lot for the iphone.

• No Title for you

Thumbs up Re: Android app for Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by pcrides View Post
    Ya, try PARKTASTIQ. Its a great app. They used to just have wait status, but now they have added wait times, the ability to 'check in' on rides and share your check in status on Facebook. Parktastiq has a great map with all the rides, bathrooms, and restaurants. You can even see the ride status on the map, and get the wait times from the map. Parktastiq is a free app too, so it is worth the try. I really like it. The first verison of Parktastiq came out a couple months ago, but the newest version of Parktastiq is awesome, I love it.

I highly recommend it!
    Thanks for the app recommendation. I've been looking for something along these lines for a while and this looks pretty decent.
    Just another DL fan

I downloaded Ridehopper Full and Parktastiq. If you don't know much about the park, Parktastiq may be helpful; it has a nice map and descriptions of all the rides. For wait times, Ridehopper seems like a better option.

Essentially, people with the app add the actual, not the estimated wait time on the board, which is often not accurate. Apparently, Ride Hopper Full has a timer button that you can push when you get in line and then again when you're about to get on the ride. With park hopper lite, you have to pay attention to the time you waited and input.

I've been monitoring Ride Hopper though, and it doesn't work if people don't use it. There have been days that look as though only one person in the whole park is using it. Twice, it's appeared that someone was messing around with it; Pirates had a wait time of 60 minutes at 8:00 am, and another day, all the E-ticket rides suddenly had 120 minute wait times.

I'll be at Disneyland November 20-23. If anyone else has Android, please download Ride Hopper and use it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast