•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Motorola Droid X (Verizon)

I just became eligible for an upgrade with Verizon, and I'm considering getting a Droid X after it comes out.

It will be a HUGE change for me, as I only use my current phone for talking and occasionally checking email. Lately, I've been frustrated with my netbook. It's extremely slow, even when there's a good wifi signal. I'm thinking, "Why not ditch the netbook for a smartphone? Then I won't be at the mercy of sketchy wifi when I'm traveling."

Online chatter says the Droid X will probably replace the HTC Droid Incredible, which has supply problems and is out of stock until later in July.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.

• Water rides are evil.

Re: Motorola Droid X (Verizon)

I would say the Droid X is a good choice for a smartphone. I currently have the original Motorola Droid. I'm very pleased with it. If I remember correctly, the Droid X comes with Swype. Swype is a fantastic addition and in my opinion is the best way to "type" on any on-screen keyboard.

Honestly it will all come down to personal choice for any phone you get, but no phone is going to replace a computer or even a netbook. The typing experience on a phone will never come close to anything with a keyboard and screen size on a phone is going to cap out around 4 inches where a netbook or notebook will be 9 inches plus.

Just my two cents.