• Banned User

The biggest holgram star!

Watch to believe, and only can happen in Japan. What a culture or what? The video reveals a Hatsune Miku concert in Japan. The twist here, Hatsune Miku isn't a real person nor a robot like you'd expect from Japan. Nope, she's a 3-D hologram. Think the 80s cartoon Jem, and she sold millions of albums and sold out concerts but I guess it's no different then the band Gorillaz?

Hatsune Miku is a rising star in Japan and abroad, singing catchy J-pop that matches her blue-green hair. She's also a virtual avatar created by Crypton Media using Yamaha's Vocaloid voice synthesizer. That hasn't stopped her from amassing a legion of fans who really love her work. I mean really love it. Check out the crowd frantically waving glow-sticks and singing along...
    YouTube - Miku Miku Kin Ni Gochuui! Live in HD (1080p 1920 x 1080)
    Cool or what? And the song is addicting =0)
    Last edited by JMora; 11-11-2010 at 10:52 PM.

• I'm not really here

Re: The biggest holgram star!

Just one minor point... it's not a hologram. It's merely a video projection onto a pane of glass. The pane stretches between the front two metal arches. You can even see it clearly in several shots. The bright blue/green light directly behind/through Hatsune (sometimes there are two lights) are the projectors.

That being said, it is still a pretty amazing technical achievement as the voice is 100% digital and created algorithmically by a computer program. It is not a real persons voice in any way. I also believe, though I'm not sure, that the animation is driven by the music/vocals. Not sure on that last part... seem to remember something about that.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Down Pluto!

Any not fully explained or not immediately apparent image technology is almost ALWAYS called a "hologram".

The state of education in this country is appalling.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    The state of education in this country is appalling.
    Quite so indeed!

Now, for a TRULY amazing and mind-blowing viewing experience, check out this real hologram...

Real-time holographic video displays could be near All that matters

YouTube - Real-time holographic videos based on photorefractive polymers

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

And of course she looks like an anime character. Why couldn't they make her look more like a real person?