• Banned User

Most amazing & technological runway show

That Hatsune Miku concert in Japan reminded me of a runway show that used a new technological tool called "Holographic" a couple of years ago... Diesel 'Liquid Space' Holographic Fashion Show. It was SS'08 Preview Collection. Journey through time and liquid space to a futuristic world of bioluminescence, giant mechanic cephalopods, futuristic aquanauts and mysterious galactic polips. Witness the first catwalk show with real models showing with holographic models.

Even if your not into fashion runway shows, the show mixes with real runway models with interaction of holograms (two glass walls that are very invisible to the human eye). The show mixes fashion with modern technology, filled with some great visuals & awesome electronic music.

This is the worlds largest and most complicated holographic virtual catwalk created for Diesel, original by the video designers Clas Dyrholm and Peter Simonsen from realfiction.com the most super cool stage setup I ever have exsperienced. Great art work have been created for this show, see it for your self.
    (at the 6:11min mark, there's a Darth Vader breathing sound with Simian Mobile Disco's "I Got This Down")
    YouTube - Holographic catwalk created by the original video designers from realfiction.com
    Last edited by JMora; 11-12-2010 at 12:57 AM.

• I'm not really here

Re: Most amazing & technological runway show

As cool looking as it is... it is not a hologram. From what it looks like, this is a video Pepper's Ghost effect.

Cool idea though. Not sure why they picked cephalopods. In fact, about the only reason I can think of to do this at all is to distract people from the fashion you are showing. Hmm..

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Down Pluto!

Re: Most amazing & technological runway show

I said it best in the other post... The biggest holgram star!

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.