• Banned User

Teen going to jail for selling white iPhones months ahead of time.

If you haven't heard, 17-year old by the name of Fei Lam made some connections at Foxconn (Apple's official Chinese iPhone manufacturer), and was able to buy a bunch of the yet-unreleased white iPhone 4 faceplates/backplates off them, legally. Fei has been selling them on his website whiteiphonefournow.com for several months at price of $279 but now some trademark lawyer finally heard it through the grapevine, and is getting all bitter about it. LOL

"I'm very thankful, cause for months I was struggling for an idea that would bootstrap my first startup and help pay for college," says Lam, who hopes to attend NYU and study computer science or business.
    Yesterday, however, Lam received an ominous letter. "I got an email from a private investigator accusing me of selling stolen goods, which I'm 100 percent sure is not the case. They are some kind of anti-counterfeit/trademark firm, which sounds ridiculous, similar to what Apple is bringing up to remove White iPhone 4 Listings on eBay. I don't know how this legal stuff works."

Lam intends to contact a lawyer and has no plans to take his site down or change his business....He can take heart in the fact that Steve Jobs, along with his partner Steve Wozniak, helped to fund their first business selling "Blue Boxes" that let users make illegal long distance telephone calls.
    Source: Now It's Personal: Apple Taking on Teen Who Sold White iPhones | The New York Observer

• Disney Fan & Musician

Re: Teen going to jail for selling white iPhones months ahead of time.

LOL this kid is a genius.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• The Study of Wumbo

Eh... Sounds shady to me. Hard to believe the kid didn't expect to be caught in a whole mess of trouble.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Down Pluto!

I hope he wins in court.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.