Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• no flash photography...

Re: What tech toy do you want Santa to bring you this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post

Oh and for me- I would love the ipad.
    The ipad would be nice, but If I use it as much as my laptop it would be a waste of money for us. I did ask for a new sewing machine, but I doubt that will arrive. Mine is not broke so no need for a new one. We'll probably just save the money we would spend on gifts for the cruise.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I would like an iPad. I don't think Santa will find me this year.

I have Kindle for Android on my phone, and it's actually easy to read. I've had insomnia the past couple of nights and I've been able to read comfortably without the eye strain that even the computer monitor seems to cause.

My computer has a blu-ray burner...except it stopped working due to some software issue and Sony's advice is to wipe the drive clean and start over. I am so NOT doing that.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    I have Kindle for Android on my phone, and it's actually easy to read. I've had insomnia the past couple of nights and I've been able to read comfortably without the eye strain that even the computer monitor seems to cause.
    I read the first two books of the twilight series on my phone using the kindle app. After hours of reading without a break (which is how I read) my eyes were strained. It was much easier to read on the kindle unit. It is just like reading a normal book.

I do read on my iphone occasionally, but only for short periods of time now.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

It amazes me all of the people that want an iPad now, when it is most likely in the last quarter of its life cycle.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    I was debating back and forth whether to get the nook or kindle. I went with the classic nook not the colored display. And this is a Christmas gift for someone. I hope she likes it.
    What made you pick the Nook over the Kindle?

• ohai

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    It amazes me all of the people that want an iPad now, when it is most likely in the last quarter of its life cycle.
    That's so untrue...

It's the last quarter of it's 1st generation life cycle. A second generation is coming out in March with many new features.

• More Memory
    • More Hard Drive Space
    • Front/Rear Facing Camera

Those are just what's on my head at midnight. But it's definitely not the last quarter of it's life cycle.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The iPad is not a cheap item. I think many people probably liked the concept, and were waiting for feedback from others who already purchased the item. In order to justify a $500+ purchase I would have to make sure I really was going to use, and enjoy all the features of the product.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    This always happens to me when I am interested in purchasing something and then something better will come out 6months later. I know I should research more on tech products.

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    What made you pick the Nook over the Kindle?
    The Ellen De Generes show were doing giveaways and the nook was one of them. I really liked the look of it over the Kindle. Both products pretty much do the same thing and found out recently the Kindle is actually $10.00 lower in price through amazon. It's ok though, I'm really happy with the purchase. The colored nook looks awesome but that's $100.00 more in price. crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRicky View Post
    That's so untrue...

It's the last quarter of it's 1st generation life cycle. A second generation is coming out in March with many new features.

• More Memory
    • More Hard Drive Space
    • Front/Rear Facing Camera

Those are just what's on my head at midnight. But it's definitely not the last quarter of it's life cycle.
    Good to know thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The iPad is not a cheap item. I think many people probably liked the concept, and were waiting for feedback from others who already purchased the item. In order to justify a $500+ purchase I would have to make sure I really was going to use, and enjoy all the features of the product.
    Yup, I know. It is pretty much like a lap top except that it's lighter to carry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12