• Minion

Windows 7 Utility Software

Hey there gang

Just upgraded to Win 7

My old antivirus (PC Tools) failed me so I want to replace it.

I also need to find some sort of backup software.

Right now I am using the Windows 7 Security (which seems pretty good) but would welcome comments on good antivirus/antispyware/firewall/etc programs

On backup I am currently just doing manual backup to 4GB flash drive encrypted with True Crypt (just for client security).

Any suggestions there ?
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Re: Windows 7 Utility Software

is that the same as Microsoft Security Essentials? that's what I'm using with Windows 7 laptop and Windows Vista desktop. so far no problems, knock-on-wood.

• I'm not really here

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Yes it is MS Security Essentials and I am pretty happy so far. I might eventually try going on Ebay and get Norton 360 (from what I have read the resource hog issue is not as big anymore).

I am disappointed in MS Backup/Restore. I mean even the freeware backup programs let you create multiple backup settings but it only lets you do one ??

I back up to different flash drives but MS Backup will only recognize one and I have to reprogram each time.

So I'm just doing manual backup on a Truecrypt Flash Drive.
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i personally use AVG Free, Malwarebytes Anti-malware and Spybot Search and Destroy, along with the Ad Block Plus addon to Firefox

all are good, free programs...dont' bother paying for Norton, no one really needs to do that
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Down Pluto!

I use McAfee, and have had great success with it.

Backup? I just back up all my data to redundant drives on the network. I have a spare drive in a drawer with my OS (Win 7) and all my basic programs with personalized settings all set to replace my main drive should something happen.

It is a system that works for me.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I get CA Security Suite for free from my ISP and it serves my needs. I've heard the new free Microsoft security software is pretty decent for what it is. My mom uses Webroot on her laptop.

• hi!

i was a bit hesitant relying on Microsoft Security Essentials considering it's a MS-made AV.. but i was pleasantly surprised at how well it works. haven't gone back to AVG since
    -plagued