Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Need Help.... Can't remove a program..

Well I started cleaning out my computer and noticed their is a program with a link to a search engine. I tried removing it through the control panel/ add remove. but no success. any suggestionsor help would be great fully appreciated.
    Beside reformatting, is their any other way?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Try doing a Spyware scan on the computer. (Spybot or Microsoft AntiSpyware)

You could also google the name for other ways to uninstall it. Or, reinstall the program, and then uninstall it.
    -Monorail Man

• Doing it with a flair

Spybot has always helped me
    Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Well I started cleaning out my computer and noticed their is a program with a link to a search engine.
    Do you mean there is a link to a web page on your programs menu? Is this 'program' actually listed in your ad/remove programs list? Does it have a folder in your program files folder? If it's simply a shortcut to a webpage on your programs menu you can simply right click and delete the link. if it's actually a program that's on your add/remove list and you still can't get rid of it then yes, get spybot.

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-27-2005 at 08:26 PM.

• Senior Minion

Actually I was able to remove The "Home Search Assistent" Program somehow.That is exactly how it was spelled. Now Ihave a program after I scanned it with Mcafee and Adaware SE. I can't clean, delete or Quarentine it. It says "IE REPLACEMENT PAGE" ANYONE know what that might be?
    It Seems like once you go and remove one virus another comes along.
    400th post whoopeee.!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Try rebooting your computer into safe mode (keep tapping F8 as the computer begins to boot), and run a scan from Safe Mode. This should allow you to remove the pesky spyware.
    -Monorail Man

• -Going Retro-

I agree with MM I use google all the time to find those pesky programs and how to remove them. It can take a ton of work & time! Spyware Nuker is a good one too, hope it can help

• Senior Minion

Thanks, I try a few, I'm still going to have a tech come out, (I know him) and do a Spring Cleaning!! I''l try all of the suggestions and see what happens.
    Thanks everyone, I will post back if I CAN get rid of this pesky bugger.

• Senior Minion

D'OH!!I figured this one out with a little of everyones' help, I had to Turn off one ofthe checked list of virus or spyware to scan and It should be fine now. Thanks again

• It's all nonsense

Just remember that you get spyware by downloading shifty programs and/or going to the wrong types of web pages.

//end psa

• Senior Minion

I think it was one of the spyware programs installed. Now I know. Ive have heard of the sites that have ridiculous amounts of Virus,spyware.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    Just remember that you get spyware by downloading shifty programs and/or going to the wrong types of web pages.

//end psa

Whatchu Talkin' About Willis????
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• I Hug My Tapirs

Are you using IE? When I used IE, I had to run both AdAware and Spybot every few days, and each time they both turned up 50-100 components to delete. Since I switched to FireFox, I only have to run each of those maybe once a month... and I only find about 5 components each time.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Banned User

YAY Firefox....

YAY Linux.. (it's not just for servers anymore..)

You used everything availabel.. even the microsfot one... the spybot.. adaware.... hmm.. you have any tech support with anyone??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast