• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Question Wifi Internet Radio?

I live in an area that doesn't receive very many radio stations, and the one's we do get, just aren't my type of music (but then again L.A. radio is pretty limited anyways ). So needless to say, I stream music off my computer, but I only have a desktop computer. So I've been thinking about getting a Wifi internet radio (Logitech being one of the better rated), and was curious if anyone had any experience with these radios and what they thought.

Anyone?

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Wifi Internet Radio?

I don't have one of the actual radios, but I do stream Sirius from my computer and my smart phone. Both have worked great for me. You may want to check that out rather than spending $$ on an actual radio.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Looking at the prices, I think you would be better off getting something with a bit more functionality. While you would may want better speakers, things such as a cheap netbook or iPod touch would give you access to not only the stations you want, but other functions as well.

I have a Sanyo R227 radio that I keep by my bedside, and let me tell you... it's one of my most treasured possessions and one of the smartest purchases I've ever made.

In fact, my daughter, who's just turned 15, is dying to get one now. It's just an amazing device.

SANYO :: Internet Radio

Yeah, second Lazyboy; I've used both an iPad & an iPod Touch with powered speakers for this, and then you can unplug either one and take it with you wherever you go.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Just an update...

I ended up buying a Logitech Squeezebox, and absolutley love it! It was much cheaper than an ipad or ianything, and I don't have to worry about connecting/disconnecting speakers to move it around. Surprising for the small speaker, it puts out a quality sound and pretty good volume. And now I can listen to any kind of music anytime I want...best investment ever!