Thinking of doing the upgrade? Here are just some of the things that are missing from the new version.
- Cannot open previous Final Cut Pro projects
- Can not have FCP 7 and 10 open at the same time.
- Does not support Photoshop files properly.
- Can not export out media to say pro-tools or other software.
- OMF and XML export and import completely eliminated
- Media keeps wanting to copy itself to the local drive, so if you have an external hard disk, it still wants to copy the media.
- No support for Capture from Tape or Edit to Tape.
- No true video output or second monitor support.
- Color Correction tool is mediocre
- There is no "Reconnect Media" function or any other function that will tell you where the media is located.
This is just the things that I have seen and others have pointed out so far. I mean, not support Photoshop, I use Photoshop all the time, everyone uses Photoshop.