Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Funny, if you hate MS/Windows!

This is hilarious (if you're a Mac fan)! From the keynote speech at CES describing the "groundbreaking" new Vista OS expected from MS later this year:

Episode I

Episode II

--Jonathan

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Re: Funny, if you hate MS/Windows!

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI
    This is hilarious (if you're a Mac fan)! From the keynote speech at CES describing the "groundbreaking" new Vista OS expected from MS later this year:

Episode I

Episode II

Thanks for posting this info , I did not know that MS was on the cutting edge of this information. haha

• Reaver of Souls

LOL!!! Absolutely classic! And by classic, I'm not referring to OS9... This is a hilarious look at Gates and his complete lack of ability to create anything these days that Apple isn't already doing. OSX is the most stable, user friendly, and deep OS I've ever used, and MS simply can't compete. Windows, like Internet Explorer, is simply 3 years or so behind Mac OS. And that's not a good place to be.

I'l mention that when I head into the Microsoft Store at my local mall... Oh, right, they don't have those...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    This is a hilarious look at Gates and his complete lack of ability to create anything these days that Apple isn't already doing.
    So? Why does it matter? It's not like a Windows user has the choice to jump to Mac OS at anytime they please, without buying new hardware. Everybody remains 'behind' someone at any given time, and you don't use it, so why complain about it? Vista is shaping up to be a great release. At least I don't have to pay $129 for a point release with 6 new features. Everybody remains 'behind' someone at any given time.

MacOS is dead. OS X is Unix with a fancy Window Manager, and custom set of packages.
    -Monorail Man

• See you there!

Oh, well, whatever. I've been using Macs since 1984, and never bought a Windows box, and I really don't plan to. I like my Mac, it does all I need, and it does it well for me!

But folks that buy Windows boxes like their computers as well and the computers do what they need. Either way, Mac or Windows, it's just a comupter and they all do the same thing. Some just like how one works better than the other. But IMHO, Macs are better

But if someone else likes Windows boexs better, that's OK too!

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy

• All? NO, ALL!

Anyone notice that "Little Bill"'s photo is Bill Gates' mugshot from the '70s?

• Huh?

Eh.. Sun's and SGI's OSes are still much better than Mac or Windows... better computers, too.

I find it funny that Pixar uses Sun and SGI when theoretically, Steve Jobs could provide the computers they need. lol
    -Tim

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man
    At least I don't have to pay $129 for a point release with 6 new features.

Neither do I. I've upgraded my Tiger OS a few times since April and haven't paid a dime for it. I just click on the upgrade thing and I scans my computer and automatically upgrades anything I have that needs it.

I won't get drawn into a "my machine is better than your machine and your machine sucks because" kinda discussion. Yes I'm a die hard Mac fan, but yes I use PC's too. While they are both machines and deep inside are pretty much the same (and will be more so when Apple goes to Intel), and both do the same exact jobs just in different ways, my preference is Macs. Everytime I have to do something "technical" on a PC, like troubleshooting or networking in the back of my mind is always this little voice saying, "If this were a Mac this would be so much easier...."

I just don't like it when these Mac vs. PC threads digress into a mud slinging contest with people getting up in arms and talking about how "the other system" is so inferior, should be tossed out the window, is only good for target practice etc.... Both systems have their place, its just a matter of what you are comfortable and what you are use to.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda
    ... snip

Yes I'm a die hard Mac fan, but yes I use PC's too. While they are both machines and deep inside are pretty much the same (and will be more so when Apple goes to Intel), and both do the same exact jobs just in different ways, my preference is Macs. Everytime I have to do something "technical" on a PC, like troubleshooting or networking in the back of my mind is always this little voice saying, "If this were a Mac this would be so much easier...."

I just don't like it when these Mac vs. PC threads digress into a mud slinging contest with people getting up in arms and talking about how "the other system" is so inferior, should be tossed out the window, is only good for target practice etc.... Both systems have their place, its just a matter of what you are comfortable and what you are use to.
    I believe that for many (not all) it had to do with what system they were introduced to first. They have put many, many hours and many, many $$'s into their experience (be it Mac or Windows) and they are not going to change, nor should they.

Many computer users use dual platform, I say I have never owned a Windows box, but Windows is what they have where I teach, so I teach using Windows. I teach how to use Windows to do the course. I pretty much live in a dual platform world, but I choose my platform according to my needs.

For example, why did I choose Mac? Well, back in 1984, I was using a PDP-11 (with OS Similar to UNIX, all command line oriented), MS-DOS verson 1 or 2 I think and Apple ProDOS (again all command line oriented). Then someone brought in this little Mac thing with it's graphical user interface and sat it down in front of me and showed me a couple of things. In less than two hours I had learned enough of the OS and filesystem to use it to my needs, and I had learned two applications enough to get productive work done (back then that couldn't be done nearly as effectively with command line oriented apps). I was impressed, so I bought a Mac as my primary computer for work and home (really bought two Macs), been with them ever since. Well a couple of years later MS came out with Windows 1.0 and some folks in the company bought it, and they've been Windows users ever since. Point here is the folks (I know) who adopted Mac way back then are still using still using Mac, and mostly cross-platform, folks who adopted Windows (for the most part) are still using Windows, some cross-platform. I think the whole paltform thing goes back (and even new users now) mainly to not which is better (for many folks) but for which they adopted first or were first introduced to and which they have the most time and money invested in. Last point for new users, most all computer users (especially new users) need some tech support and they should buy the compter for which they can get support from collegues, friends and family.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy

• Reaver of Souls

So? Why does it matter? It's not like a Windows user has the choice to jump to Mac OS at anytime they please, without buying new hardware. Everybody remains 'behind' someone at any given time, and you don't use it, so why complain about it? Vista is shaping up to be a great release. At least I don't have to pay $129 for a point release with 6 new features. Everybody remains 'behind' someone at any given time.

MacOS is dead. OS X is Unix with a fancy Window Manager, and custom set of packages.
    Yikes! Take things a bit personally, do you? I wan't complaining about anything, just praising OSX Some people get a little too involved in the "vs" thing. I love Macs. That doesn't mean I'm attacking anyone who doesn't. I'm a QuarkXPress user, but that doesn't mean I'm attacking PageMaker users. I don't think the point here was to rip on Windows, but rather on Bill Gates toting all of these features as new and groundbreaking. We use them daily. It's just funny to me. I wasn't intending to insult anyone who has a religious devotion to Windows...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Looking for Love

What are you talking about? As a Windows user, you will have more times to jump ship then you will ever be able to count. When you figure the average PC user has to reformat their computer or have it serviced by professionals about 2 to 3 times a year due to viruses and spyware clouding up your hardrive and eating up your ram making your PC completely slooooooooooooooow and useless. Not to mention all the windows bugs and errors that naturally occur. Within 12 or less months your system will be obsolete and wont be able to run any new windows software unless you spend alot of hard earned money upgrading. I won't even get into the problems with networking PC's, thats just hopeless.
    Meanwhile my ibook will continue to run flawlessly thruout the next 2 years or longer. How many people do you know with Dells or any Windows PC's for that matter that can make that same claim? Remember....flawlessly is the key word. No problems what so ever!
    I know too, because I was raised on Windows. Ive already had my fair share of crap.

Have you ever even tried operating a mac? OSX? If not, then you have absolutly no say. You can't knock it till you try it.
    I don't mean to sound rude thruout this post and if I did, I appologise, but ignorance is simply not tollorable. Most people who knock macs have never even touched one.

Now what was all that about never being able to just jump over???
    Last edited by Derekuda; 01-09-2006 at 02:11 PM.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Derekuda
    Have you ever even tried operating a mac? OSX? If not, then you have absolutly no say. You can't knock it till you try it.
    I can knock it, because I use a G5 at work. I am sorely impressed with what it does for Video and Image editing (Final Cut Pro is a dream!), but am indifferent with just about everything else.
    -Monorail Man

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    I don't think the point here was to rip on Windows, but rather on Bill Gates toting all of these features as new and groundbreaking.
    But they are, for the Windows platform, and especially where they are at (CES), it implies that. It's new and groundbreaking for the platform. Now if he said "Compared to other operating systems on the market", or was at Apple Expo, then there's a raking over the coals.
    -Monorail Man

• Looking for Love

I can knock it, because I use a G5 at work. I am sorely impressed with what it does for Video and Image editing (Final Cut Pro is a dream!), but am indifferent with just about everything else.
    Ya.....about the whole post from yesterday. I was a little pumped at the time. Sorry if I made it sound like a boxing match.
    Really, it all comes down to personal preferance. BTW, thanks for trying before knocking. That really is a pet peeve of mine with most windows users.
    To each his own my freind, to each his own.

• Having a Grand Day!

Im trying it - I've been dual booting on my Dell laptop for 2 weeks now and I've only comfirmed one thing - I can't do half the stuff I need to do because the applications just don't exist. The interface is pretty - but vista will fix that.

One of my main pet peves is the interface is so simple - I feel fustrated because I'm used to having power features, like the allmighty run dialog, there when I need them. Instead I have to navigate folders to open programs, and I have no task bar or start button for quick application switching or launching - the 'dock' just does not cut it.

The only reason I'd get a Mac is so I can run windows on it - the Hardware is sexy but the OS is not.

I'm a Windows Vista Beta Tester And I think it will be the best thing that has happened to Windows yet.

MacOS will never get the majority market share because their refusal to liscence MacOS X to other hardware makers - severly limiting themselves because their own hardware is out of reach for most PC Users. The main reason there is no malicous software written for Mac is simple - there is no point in writing it if you aren't going to have a major effect on the population. I'm sure Hackers can find major holes in Mac OS X if it was worth searching for.

(P.S. I fail to find anything funny in the video)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast