who have used cell phone navigation before

My buddy at school told me the other day that I only need to install an off-board navigation software on my cell phone and add a Bluetooth GPS receiver, then my mobile can be used for GPS tracking and tracing, the software he named was called Nav4All, well, that sounds pretty cool, except I always use my cell phone to play some Java games, so I wanna know, if I install that GPS thing, is it gonna hamper my games on cell phone? Does anyone here have such experience?

• Looking for Love

Re: who have used cell phone navigation before

Wrong thread, wrong topic, Wrong board......It's just all wrong. www.wirelessforums.org or www. wirelessadvisor.com for questions like that.

• Parmageddon Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Derekuda
    Wrong thread, wrong topic, Wrong board......It's just all wrong. www.wirelessforums.org or www. wirelessadvisor.com for questions like that.
    Wow, that seems unneccesarily unpleasant. How 'bout you just re-direct him to the Tech Lounge?

Anyhow, coolbzl, welcome to the boards! I, for one, am interested in getting all I can out of my Pocket PC.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

First, it would help to know what phone and service provider you have. Then, are you talking about actual GPS type navigation or just a way to get directions from one place to another?

For the latter I recommend Google Maps Mobile.
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

• A New Kind Of Villain

I actually used to work as a 3rd tier tech for a company called TeleNav (www.telenav.com) that does GPS Navigation and Tracking software for certain cellphones for different providers. It works best with Treo 650's and Blackberries, but most Nextel and Sprint phones that have integrated GPS receivers can run the application.

What provider and phone do you have?

Another popular one seems to be Garmin Mobile, however it's rerouting system is total crap. With TeleNav, routw deviations are picked up almost instantly and the system picks up a new route momentarily, while Garmin might not reroute you for literallly miles after going off course. Anyway, it truly depends on your phone and service; but I'd say check Telenav's website. I still use it myself at times on my Treo even though my Prius has an integrated GPS navigation system.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Vehicle rotating backward

I know I'm going to catch a bit of flak from this, but just get a GPS thing instead and save yourself a headache. I love my Garmin StreetPilot.

• no flash photography...

I have a seperate GPS ....it's on my dell axim...I love it. I'm not sure if I would liek it on a cell phone. The screen is reall small.