• insufferable know-it-all

Webpage-building software... Recommendations?

Okay, so I find myself with a version of Microsoft Office that doesn't have Frontpage. Yeah, yeah, I know, supposedly it's not the greatest, but it's what I had before.

Anyway, looks like I'm going to have to go out and buy some web page development software, because I just don't have the patience to sit in wordpad and write code for hours on end (who does?). And if I'm going to shell out dough, I want something decent. However, I don't have much dough, so there's gonna have to be some compromise.

Under those conditions... I am seeking program recommendations! All I've done in the past is just basic webpages, but I'm not averse to something that has an EASY user interface for making stuff with Flash.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• debating what to put here

Re: Webpage-building software... Recommendations?

Personally, I prefer Dreamweaver. It has a learning curve but not too steep and once you get the hang of it, it is remakably easy to create some very nice websites with very little coding required.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• Having a Grand Day!

It used to be Dreamweaver for me, but then I discovered Notepad...

• insufferable know-it-all

niles: like I said, I really don't want to take the time to hand-write the code.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Spend some cash for Dreamweaver.. It’s a great WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Web page generator... It's fairly simple to use as well.. (I had an educational copy from High school till computer crashed.. now I just hand code the pages..)

OT: 5,000 post.. Boy am I procrastinating...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

So here's a question: I own Dreamweaver, and I'm just now getting around to using it. Is it possible to design your home page without actually having the domain site online? Can I create the LOOK of the buttons, etc, photos, themes BEFORE I get my actual site up and running?

• That's Hawt

For WYSIWYG editors, I have always liked both FrontPage for it's simplicity and Dreamweaver.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    For WYSIWYG editors, I have always liked both FrontPage for it's simplicity and Dreamweaver.
    I ahve both dreamweaver and frontpage. I learned on frontpage though...so I'm don't have the patinece to sit and learn dreamweaver. I know it has alot more bells and whistles so to speak, but it's so frustrating trying to get it to do what is so easy in frontpage.

My last webpage I started a year ago in dreamweaver and I never finished it. I've had to transfer my domain and server provider yesterday, because my old one is shutting down. Maybe I will try again. It truley was an exercise in frustration for me, but I was determined to learn....until I gave up...sort of...LOL...maybe it was more of a got bored with it.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    So here's a question: I own Dreamweaver, and I'm just now getting around to using it. Is it possible to design your home page without actually having the domain site online? Can I create the LOOK of the buttons, etc, photos, themes BEFORE I get my actual site up and running?
    Yes. Just save everything in the same folder and order the way it would be online. Then open the .html (or whatever you may be using) as you would any file: double click of file, "Open With...", File | Open, etc. Your browser should have no problem with these files.

• DCA lover

Until you get some some dedicated software (I don't have too much expertise in web design), IIRC you can put together something in M$Word (nothing too fancy of course) and save as HTML. That should work.

• More Than Meets The Mouse

I like CoffeeCup
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

• Disney Freak

Talking Re: Webpage-building software... Recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I ahve both dreamweaver and frontpage. I learned on frontpage though...so I'm don't have the patinece to sit and learn dreamweaver. I know it has alot more bells and whistles so to speak, but it's so frustrating trying to get it to do what is so easy in frontpage.

My last webpage I started a year ago in dreamweaver and I never finished it. I've had to transfer my domain and server provider yesterday, because my old one is shutting down. Maybe I will try again. It truley was an exercise in frustration for me, but I was determined to learn....until I gave up...sort of...LOL...maybe it was more of a got bored with it.
    I agree! FrontPage is basically like typing an word document!
    Alex

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

My Flickr: Flickr.com/agoldman
    My Twitter: Twitter.com/al3xg
    My Facebook: Facebook.com/al3xg