Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• horsin' around!

Birth of Smilies?

okay..i can hear the rampant jokes beginning now...but how IS a smilie created? does someone on micechat design them?
    I've had two that i've needed for some time now...

a 'whew' smilie

and a 'blowing kisses' smilie

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Birth of Smilies?

they are just animated GIFs that there are hundreds of sources for them all over the web. The admins are the only ones that can add them to the smile list.. but if you have the image on a website, you can point an IMG tag to them and include any graphic in your posts

• horsin' around!

awww thanks flynn
    i'm going to look now!

I'm sure you'll be able to find what you need, but if you can't I can make you anything you need...
    Gregory Rebok
    Webmaster, The Disney Informer

• insufferable know-it-all

I did a screenshot of a smilie that was similar to the one I wanted, then added in the bits I wanted.
    --->

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory
    I'm sure you'll be able to find what you need, but if you can't I can make you anything you need...
    please make us a few smilies!! I also want a phew. you know the hand going over the forhead and sweat dripping off her and I would love an eye rolls one with a frown not a smile on its face. and we would love a blowing kisses one
    please))))))

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Just make sure you do not leech smilies. Use your own webspace, many places offer free image hosting. It is not nice to steal bandwidth.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O

Just make sure you do not leech smilies. Use your own webspace, many places offer free image hosting. It is not nice to steal bandwidth.
    what is leeching smilies? and how does one steel bandwidth. this is all weird to me. so please explain so I never do this. I am not computer literate so I need things explained to me please thank you

• horsin' around!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O

wasn't looking to steal anything..that's why i was asking how they were literally made

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    what is leeching smilies? and how does one steel bandwidth. this is all weird to me. so please explain so I never do this. I am not computer literate so I need things explained to me please thank you
    Leeching is using images hosted on another person's website. It would be like another Disney website using images hosted on MiceChat for that site with MiceChat's permission. Bandwidth is the amount of data transfered and to steal it means you are using somebody else's for yourself without their permission.

wasn't looking to steal anything..that's why i was asking how they were literally made
    'Twas just a general comment regarding using premade ones unavailable on MiceChat.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

It just so happens that a while back I started collecting some "extra' smilies and made a sub album in my photobucket acct for them. I have a "blowing kiss" one, I've been looking for a better one but heres what I have:

And this is one I edited to add MiceChat too, and I'm trying to figure out how to do a Belles and Beaus one with this for Karla...

When I have some time I plan on continuing my search for some more unique ones.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda
    It just so happens that a while back I started collecting some "extra' smilies and made a sub album in my photobucket acct for them. I have a "blowing kiss" one, I've been looking for a better one but heres what I have:

And this is one I edited to add MiceChat too, and I'm trying to figure out how to do a Belles and Beaus one with this for Karla...

When I have some time I plan on continuing my search for some more unique ones.
    I want to thank you, that is the cutes smilie ever!! oh and I can not wait to get the belles one maybe we can ask the mods to do a little smilie changes now. we do need some new ones, and a bit of an update on them

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Ok.. heres a rough draft... I think I can make the background more the same color of Micechat... will have to play with that..

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Ok.. heres a rough draft... I think I can make the background more the same color of Micechat... will have to play with that..

I'm sure a fellow MiceChatter with Photoshop or similar could make the background transparent for you.

• Banned User

oh man!!! thats totally awsome!! I can not wait, I love it Penguin, you are the best!!! ( and I say that with out you doing my smilie we all love you here, you are a true blessing to the young and old

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast