Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fuji Film S5200

0 0%
  • Sony DSC-H2

6 100.00%

• Loves Disney

Post Help me choose my camera

Ok all I have narrowed down my choices of digital cameras and either want the Fuji Film S5200 or the Sony DSC-H2. Here are some links or the specs and review for each.
    Sony DSC-H2 http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06022509sonydsch5.asp
    Fuji Film S5200 http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05...200zs5600z.asp
    Help me decide please.

Re: Help me choose my camera

pricewise is there a diffrence ?
    So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

http://rze51.smugmug.com/

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

I'm not a big fan of Sony at the moment. <cough*Root-kit*cough*your*computer*cough>

Remember that the Optical Zoom numbers are all that really counts - the Digital Zoom is just using a smaller area on the CCD receptor, and the 'tighter' the digital zoom, the worse the picture. Lock it out if you can.

Costco.Com has the Fuji S5200 for $259 (but no Sony), and a few others in the same class - or you may be able to go up a notch in camera for the same money you planned to spend...

Myself, I'd tend to go with the DSLR's with detachable lenses from a 'camera company' like Canon or Olympus - you can buy better lenses (including the killer telephotos) and swap them as needed, and keep them for use on newer camera bodies later.

I'm done with spending a lot of money on the lens, only to watch as the camera attached to it grows obsolete - which is where my Sony Mavica CD-1000 is at. Still works, can take portrait shots at 100 feet, but 2.1MP doesn't get you much anymore.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Dreaming of Disneyland...

Also, if u get it from costco as long as u have your reciept u can return it or exchange it. So if it breaks u can return it.
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

• Loves Disney

Thanks for the info guys I am really looking at getting something that would last a while and I am trying to spend about 400 if I can. Any suggestions on that price range?

• Minion

I've got a Sony (DSC W1) that I'm very happy with, so I voted for the Sony. Main reasons I'm happy with mine are quality and ease of use. I messed with some other brands and couldn't figure out how to do some very simple operations on it, where I found the Sony very easy to figure out. Other things I'm happy with are battery life, startup speed and recovery speed between pics. Qualitywise, the one you're looking at is several steps above the W1.

I think one of the difficulties with choosing a digital camera is there are so many good brands/models out there - makes it hard to decide! I guess that's a good thing, right?

• Huh?

If it's a choice between those, Sony. Better Optical zoom as well as a few other good options that the others don't have.

Personally, I don't think I'd buy either.
    -Tim

• A New Kind Of Villain

I've been particular to Canon's myself. Just picked up a Canon Powershot SD700IS to test it out and I'm loving it. It's a bit expensive, but I found the import model online for much cheaper. I'd recommend doing what I do if you can. Electronic's Fry's is my "test before you buy" store. I picked up an Olympus Stylus 710 over the weekend, was iffy on a lot of the pics I got, so I returned it, no hassle. Just picked up this camera there, and given how much I'm falling in love with it, now I'll just get the best deal online and return this one back to Fry's again.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)