• out & about

Apples WWDC: Oh Goody!

The World Wide Developers Conference for Apple starts this morning. And in in T-minus 8hrs 10 min (10 am) Steve Jobs will make his keynote speech. Is anyone excited about this?

Hes suppose to unveil the new Pro Mac desktop series featuring an Intel chip as well as an Intel based server. New MacBook Pro might be released as well as an updated iPod nano.

The real gold come from the next version of its OS. OS X:Leopard! Banners hung at the WWDC are already mocking MS Windows Vista by calling Leopard "Vista 2.0". I guess well soon find out whats going to keep (thats right i said it) Leo ahead of the OS game.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• out & about

Re: Apples WWDC: Oh Goody!

you should check out Apples website to preview a bunch of the new features the new version of Mac OS X Leopard will pack when its released early next year. quite amazing if you ask me.

WplusK.com

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I have been waiting for the news about the new Mac Pro Desktop. I am a dedicated Mac person who produces materials for PC people. I am really hoping that this computer will bridge the gap between my Mac and their PCs.

I currently use a 1st generation (sunflower) iMac. It has served me well for the past 4.5 years. I only had serious issues with it twice. The first time was due to a corrupt print driver from HP. Had to reinstall the whole system. The second time was due to too many backups of my iTunes libray. The weekly backups were eating up all my memory.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Wow, I didn't realize WWDC had started!!!! I haven't been keeping up with my Mac sites as much as I use to and I don't remember seeing much if anything about it in MacAddict!!!

Awesome!!! Thanks for alerting me! I'll have to check it all out!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• out & about

if any of you get a chance you should watch the WWDC Keynote speech by Steve Jobs and friends. its amazing. Leopard is going twice as far as Tiger did past Panther. MS better hurry up with that Vista.

*side note: Apple has put out 5 (really 6 if you include the intel version of the OS) updates to its OS since MS last updated its OS.

WplusK.com

• Vehicle rotating backward

Personally, I never like buying new boxed copies almost yearly. Microsoft at least waits an average of five years (avoiding the ME fiasco) before they want even more of my money.

I'm not sure why I ever bought Tiger, but at least an actual backup solution included makes Leopard a decent purchase.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Personally, I never like buying new boxed copies almost yearly. Microsoft at least waits an average of five years (avoiding the ME fiasco) before they want even more of my money.
    Who buys new copies yearly... Apple puts incremental updates on their website to download for free. Actually, Software Update automatically alerts me when ever a new update for my OS or anything else on my computer is availalbe so I can just download it and go. I've done all the updates to Tiger since I bought my computer 5 months ago and its never cost me anything.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• out & about

Every major new release is sold. they dont updaye every year but just about. BUt when you look at how much Vista is gonna cost compared to how much Tiger cost theres a big diff. I dont mind paying $100 for major upgrades to some apps and some brand new apps that are packaged with a new Mac OS X. And I def find it worth while to buy the new version of iLife evey year. the advancments made to those apps every year is amazing and totally worth my 80 bucks. And as compared to the improvements made in Tiger, Leopard seems highly more evolved.

WplusK.com

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Sorry guys, I use a Mac at work (Final Cut Pro for video editing), and I have to agree with Paul, when it comes to X this time around.
    -Monorail Man

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man
    Sorry guys, I use a Mac at work (Final Cut Pro for video editing), and I have to agree with Paul, when it comes to X this time around.
    I could go on and on about the comments Paul gave in reviewing the keynote presentation at WWDC.... but i wont. Im not in this for the truth. Im not really in this at all. Im not a comp geek (no offense to comp geeks. your work is well appreciated) and im not up to date on everything there is to know. So if MS has had some of these features in their OS for sometime they do a poor job at marketing them.

for instance... The new features of mail, to me, are glorious. how cool will I be when i send out neat html emails that look all spify and include pictures that are neatly cropped and positioned perfectly?

Half the reason i use a mac is cause its pretty. the other half is cause its user interface is exactly the way it should be. simple.

outlook sucks, imo, cause its ugly. and if it could do everything mail.app can do thats news to me and thats why i dont use MS products and why I use a mac. even if apple were to be behind on including some features in its apps i prob wouldnt know. so if its new to an apple app its new to me. and thats all i care about.

plus i think the time machine interface looks cool not hookey like your friend paul says.

anyway...
    Last edited by WRDup; 08-11-2006 at 02:26 AM.

WplusK.com