Question Micechat AOL issue?

I am asking this question using internet Explorer because I can't use AOL to read micechat let alone post. I used to use AOL all the time but not lately. Sometimes when I read a post, I have to hit the refresh button over and over just to clear the screen. It's wierd. If there is text or a photo (avatar) the whole page gets LONGG and the words stretch and the screen freezes unless i hit refresh. I can't respond to questions because when I attemt to all i get is a blank screen. However IE works fine. What the heck is going on? OH before the great micechat switch(whatever you guys did) it always worked fine.

HELP!!!

thanks
    Janette

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Micechat AOL issue?

Hi Leo, Ugghhh, I have AOL, too. And with previous changes at MiceChat, I had no problems at all. But with the most recent change in server here at MiceChat, I have hade endless problems. One thing that Monorailman suggested, cleared a couple things, but all my posts do not show paragraph breaks, new lines, allow special feature (smileys), and editing post is extremely tempermental. At work, we have a different internet service and I haven't had any problems there. What monorail man suggested is to click "log out" on upper right side of the micechat toolbar. then on your computer, go to Control panel, Internet Options, then click Delete Cookies. Then go sign back on to micechat. Like I said, that helped me a little,

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Do a little searching, it has been discussed in other threads.

In summary, AOL decided that the double server swap (where the first one couldn't handle the load) was "suspicious behavior" and they were not going to update their routing tables again to the new location for several weeks, to restrict access to this "suspicious" site. Even after it was explained to one of their engineers.

Probably why I bailed from AOL years ago.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Zero Blockout Dates

Whut's an AOL?
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM