• Senior Minion

Soundtrack question

I've got the Fantasmic! soundtrack from years ago and I just want (for now) the finale segment, which according to the CD is track 15. But as this disc also has the Main Street Electrical Parade, when I put it in music match Jukebox, it only shows 2 tracks.
    So, how do I take just one small part of track 1? Is it possible?
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Re: Soundtrack question

welll ya... here is one way... but it requires a download to do it... since there is now way to edit the waves of music on musicmatch or windows media etc... you must download a wave editor from this site http://www.fleximusic.com/waveditor/overview.htm it may look difficult but it is really easy... I have it and use it for a lot of songs, what you do is hilight the selection of a song you want to play and you can make it fade in and out and add in sound effects and echos and many many other things... and to save the selected part of a song hit the little disk that has a green line above or below it.. .and save it to where ever and then you ready to go.. it only takes about 4 minutes at the most, to insert the song into the wave editor just drag and drop the song into it... and it will take a sec for it to creat the waves then you can adjust it

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Here is waht I do. When I insert CDs into the CD-ROM and have them play on Musicmatch, I have it record the track.

The track is usually saved in the "Artists" folder that is in the "MyMusic"folder.

Then I copy and paste that file onto the desktop for backup purposes.

So then I open up my "Sound Recorder" program.~~Most computers with Windows may have this program. You may have to click start/search and then look up either "WAV Recorder" or "Sound Recorder". But it is usually the file that has a speakerphone icon.

Anyway, when you find the recorder, drag it out to your desktop and open it.

When you open it, a small gray box will pop up.

When it pops up, click open and then have it open up the music file that has the Fantasmic segment you want.

It will load the file. Then when it allows you to edit out all the unwanted stuff before and after the Fantasmic clip you want.

After you edited everything out other than the Fantasmic clip you want, Click file/save as.

Then your Fantasmic clip will appear on the desktop.

• Senior Minion

Ok, I installed the program, and am trying to put the song in it, but when I open it, it says 'need a command line mp3 encoder' do I download that as well?
    Or am I doing something wrong?
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Is your file a WAV or MP3? Because when I record stuff off of CDs with MusicMatch, they are always WAVs. Then I make copies of them and edit the copied files with "Sound Recorder."

• Senior Minion

it's an MP3. Do I need to make it a WAV first? (I haven't done that in years)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I am not sure. Sorry, I can't help ya there.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

yea.. Iforgoit about that.. you must download that too and hit run with that program and it should let you do it...