Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    making words on the screen bigger...... Please help

    I was wondering if there is a way to make the words look bigger on my computer. my eyes hurt, my head hurts and I find my eyes are having a hard time . I know I probably need new glasses, but for now can some one tell me how to make the words on the screen bigger thank you

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    1,123

    Re: making words on the screen bigger...... Please help

    How about a magnifying glass. I chuckle when I think of you sitting there with one of those in your hand!

    Karla Holmes in a deer hunter hat not missing out on anything in here!!

  3. #3

    • is on the rocks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Home sweet home
    Posts
    2,243

    Re: making words on the screen bigger...... Please help

    Hmm - are you talking about on the screen in general, or on your web browser?

    For your web browser, the quick way to do it is to hit "Apple +" on a Mac. On a PC I'm not sure, but I think it's the "Alt" key instead. For your screen in general (again, for the Mac), go to System Preferences > Displays and then adjust the Resolutions. I'm sorry, but I don't know how to do this for a PC since I'm a Mac user. I'm guessing it would be similar, though.

    Hope that helps somewhat!
    She did it!


  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: making words on the screen bigger...... Please help

    Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller View Post
    How about a magnifying glass. I chuckle when I think of you sitting there with one of those in your hand!

    Karla Holmes in a deer hunter hat not missing out on anything in here!!
    I never thought of that
    no really my eyes have been real funky lately and I am having a hard time seeing. seems the worl is in a fog . I need to make letters bigger to see clearly.

  5. #5

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,963
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: making words on the screen bigger...... Please help

    Me thinks Karla a trip to the eye doc is in order here....

    How about your blood sugar?? Have you had that checked lately? Sometimes that can mess up everything in our systems. Seriously Karla, you need to take care of yourself!!! We want to keep you around for a long, long time!!




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  6. #6

    • Winter in Oceanside...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,747

    Re: making words on the screen bigger...... Please help

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrrrl View Post
    For your web browser, the quick way to do it is to hit "Apple +" on a Mac. On a PC I'm not sure,
    I was going to say that! I have never been able to find an easy way on a PC and I'd like to know too, since I have to work on those dad-gummed PC machines at work.

  7. #7

    • Ok time for cocoa
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: making words on the screen bigger...... Please help

    With Windows XP- Start-control panel-accessibility options-configure windows for vision, hearing, mobility. This starts a configuration wizard, just answer the questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

  8. #8

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: making words on the screen bigger...... Please help

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    With Windows XP- Start-control panel-accessibility options-configure windows for vision, hearing, mobility. This starts a configuration wizard, just answer the questions.
    no wizzard poped up but I did set it to large, looks the same as before.

  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: making words on the screen bigger...... Please help

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Me thinks Karla a trip to the eye doc is in order here....

    How about your blood sugar?? Have you had that checked lately? Sometimes that can mess up everything in our systems. Seriously Karla, you need to take care of yourself!!! We want to keep you around for a long, long time!!
    Thank you Sweetie, it could be my diebetes. I have not check my blood sugars, I will do that now. thanks a lot for your concern hon I appreciate it a lot.my eyes have been fuzzy, seems like I am seeintg thru a dust cloud. maybe my blood sugars. I will go check

  10. #10

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,963
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: making words on the screen bigger...... Please help

    Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla View Post
    Thank you Sweetie, it could be my diebetes. I have not check my blood sugars, I will do that now. thanks a lot for your concern hon I appreciate it a lot.my eyes have been fuzzy, seems like I am seeintg thru a dust cloud. maybe my blood sugars. I will go check
    Good!! I'm glad you are following up on that Karla! We can't have you fainting into the keyboard!! You know how unfashionable that "keyboard forehead" look is!




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Similar Threads

  1. How Many Words Can You Make Out Of The Words: Santa Claus???
    By I Heart Disneyland in forum Fun and Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-24-2007, 04:44 PM
  2. What's the bigger issue...?
    By Quacky4Donald in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 06:18 AM
  3. CPDP has now become an even BIGGER Loser!
    By SimplySabrina in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 07:05 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-06-2006, 10:39 AM
  5. chicken little might be bigger then we thought!
    By migitmouse88 in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-04-2005, 07:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •