• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Help! We HATE the ringer on our home phone!

OK technology experts....I need your help.

We HATE the sound of our phone in our home. Actually, I might as well have said "phones" as ALL of them sound rather obnoxious.

My question: Is there a device around that could play a ringtone or a sampled sound for landline/home phones? If so, what is it called and why haven't I heard of it? How does it work? Where can I find one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Help! We HATE the ringer on our home phone!

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    OK technology experts....I need your help.

We HATE the sound of our phone in our home. Actually, I might as well have said "phones" as ALL of them sound rather obnoxious.

My question: Is there a device around that could play a ringtone or a sampled sound for landline/home phones? If so, what is it called and why haven't I heard of it? How does it work? Where can I find one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    This seems to be the only product on the market for something like that: link. Unfortunately, it looks to be sold out. And the site looks questionable, but the product IS linked to in multiple articles, so it's pretty legit. Article #1, Article #2

Other than that, you just have to deal with it. I totally agree though, I hate the ringer on my home phone. I never use it anyhow.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Thanks Pizzamousechips! I actually finally found a phone by panasonic that allows you to take the earphone line out of a computer or cd player and load either cd or mp3 files on to the phone. We bought an additional two phones with the system, and now we can listen to messages anywhere in the house, and best of all, we can assign ringtones to everyone who number is loaded into the phone, just like a cell phone.

Your link, though, would have saved me a bunch of money. The new phone was on the pricey side, but we're enjoying all of the other cool things (voiced caller id, call screening from the other phones in the house, etc) that came with the new system.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    Thanks Pizzamousechips! I actually finally found a phone by panasonic that allows you to take the earphone line out of a computer or cd player and load either cd or mp3 files on to the phone. We bought an additional two phones with the system, and now we can listen to messages anywhere in the house, and best of all, we can assign ringtones to everyone who number is loaded into the phone, just like a cell phone.

Your link, though, would have saved me a bunch of money. The new phone was on the pricey side, but we're enjoying all of the other cool things (voiced caller id, call screening from the other phones in the house, etc) that came with the new system.

Thanks again!
    Ah, no problem. I'm glad to hear your problem is gone! Now you can boogie down whenever someone calls.