• Grumpy old man

My new music toy

For a long time I've wanted a turntable in my room, ever since I started buying and "collecting" vinyl (in quotes because I don't collect in the sense of searching for rare stuff, rather for stuff I really like/think is essential to have on vinyl)

I've had to settle to use my parents turntable and stereo system in the living room, which is good if I'm doing homework or hanging out there, but not the best for casual listening or if my parents want to watch TV.

But after having to move a bunch of stuff to get new windows and my parents offer, I have now acquired said turntable and stereo system for my own room and today I finished setting it up. The speakers are from my old system and are temporary until I can find one's that I want. Here is some pictures of the setup.

That is the whole thing. (That's The Beatles Hey Jude playing) I got the metal shevles from Target, the wooden thing is from Wal-Mart (I think)

A closeup

Closeup of my record shelf. A list of the records I own listed here

And for good measure, my CD shelf, list located here:

The thing isn't new by any means, it's actually older then me. My parents bought it Feb 28, 1986 from Macy's (!!). It was $800 at the time, without the CD player, the CD was won from a radio station in the 90s. It's still in good condition and plays everything just fine and now I can listen to my records while on MC!

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Re: My new music toy

Yay for Vinyl! Oh, if I could only find A Clockwork Orange's soundtrack, I would totally buy that! I do, however, have 2001: A Space Odyssey on Vinyl

I currently have the Rolling Stones, Let it Bleed on my turntable. Great stuff!

You've now inspired me to do an inventory of my albums, a task which I've never done.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Grumpy old man

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    Yay for Vinyl! Oh, if I could only find A Clockwork Orange's soundtrack, I would totally buy that! I do, however, have 2001: A Space Odyssey on Vinyl

I currently have the Rolling Stones, Let it Bleed on my turntable. Great stuff!

You've now inspired me to do an inventory of my albums, a task which I've never done.
    That soundtrack was the first record (vinyl wise) I ever bought along with LA Woman and Abbey Road

RateYourMusic.com is great for listing inventory of albums. My CDs and Vinyl was quite easy, but cataloging my MP3 albums (about 2000 at the moment) was a task that took awhile

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I'm going through all my albums and writing them down, I have a stack on the floor right now that's about a foot and a half tall.

I have LA Woman and Abbey Road, as well as the Doors first album and quite a number of other Beatles albums.
    What an idiot....

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

That was a mission, here it is

http://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Tui/oo

I couldn't find a few of my albums on there, such as my orange vinyl Beatles Golden Hits (japanese import) and a few others, but that's the majority right there.
    What an idiot....