Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to MAC!

• Wasn't Me!

New to MAC!

Well we just switched our entire office from PCs to MACs!! So far I am in LOVE with them!

I had a Dell that was great but being a photographer, people suggested we switch to MACs since they are better for graphics!

WE LOVE THEM!!!

I got a Mac Pro and Jimmy got an iMac! We are in love!!!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Re: New to MAC!

Welcome to the Mac family- we have 2 also
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• All you need is LOVE

So lucky you are One day I will have one.

• no flash photography...

for some reason I hated them. Maybe because the ones at school always "bobmbed...i/e froze). I always did my work at hoem on my PC and just printed it from the macs at school...LOL...we have one in our home office and never use it....I'm glad you like them though. My best friend loves them to, but she hasn't used anything else..

• Santa Barbara, CA

The 21st Century awaits you. Get Aperature, the ultimate pro photographer's program.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

NGU, I'm a recent convert, too. I have a PC desktop and a Mac laptop, but I'm already jonesing for another Mac!
    A signature should go here.

• no one to be trifled with

Blog Entries

Congrats! We started the switch at home this year too - I pretty much have Princess Buttercup switched too, apparently, since she's always using mine!

• Winter in Oceanside...

Welcome to the wonderful world of great computers! I've been a Mac-y since 1984. Hubby, who is in the business world, would love to convert but it's kinda hard since everyone else uses PC. But he steals mine anyway whenever he can.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

It's a sickness, I tell you. A good sickness, but a sickness, nonetheless.

Got our first Mac in 1984. A friend still uses it for maintaining his customer's addresses. Had the power supply replaced once.

Our most recent, a 24" iMac core duo (it's like sitting in the front row of a movie theater). And, a MacBook. We also have 2 other iBook G4's, a 20" iMac core duo, a 20" iMac G5, a powerMac G4 867 and 2 G3 iMacs. We do use four of them in our business. The core duos have been handy, being able to run system X and Windows for the infrequent times we need it.

I'm not even going to start talking about iPods.

Way to go, boys!

Lu

"Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Welcome to heaven!!! I've used both Mac and PC's... but I've always been mostly and Apple person all the way back to the IIe). Apple and Mac's are the only thing I've ever actually owned!! The few times I had to do any networking stuff on a PC network I'd always think to myself... "If this were a Mac it would be so much easier...."

And now with OS X and the protected memory, crashes are almost unheard of!!! I've never had my entire system go down.. once... ever... I've had programs lock up, but have been able to just force quit them and the system keeps going!!

Welcome!! And if you ever need any Mac help theres lots of us around that can try and help you out!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I just today, had my Gateway crash from what the Geek Squad rep told me was a "defected hard drive"

I may be in the MAC family to. Where can i look at some online? Are they much different than PC's. Please forgive questions but I've NEVER in my life used a MAC. They are the one's without Windows XP right? I'm starting to hate Windows.

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMaxx View Post
    Got our first Mac in 1984. A friend still uses it for maintaining his customer's addresses. Had the power supply replaced once.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    I just today, had my Gateway crash from what the Geek Squad rep told me was a "defected hard drive"

I may be in the MAC family to. Where can i look at some online? Are they much different than PC's. Please forgive questions but I've NEVER in my life used a MAC. They are the one's without Windows XP right? I'm starting to hate Windows.
    Actually the new MacBooks will do both OS X and Windows. I don't think they are Vista capable (but then... who cares? )

You can look at specs at Apple.com. They do tend to be more pricey than their PC counter parts, but what you don't spend in repairs sometimes makes it worth the difference.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• no one to be trifled with

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Actually the new MacBooks will do both OS X and Windows. I don't think they are Vista capable (but then... who cares? )

You can look at specs at Apple.com. They do tend to be more pricey than their PC counter parts, but what you don't spend in repairs sometimes makes it worth the difference.
    For what it's worth, the macbook pro and the iMac both run Vista just fine with bootcamp. bluetooth works for the keyboard and mouse if you have the wireless devices. I tried on both with the latest vista release myself.

If you buy the Mac though, just plan to switch. You'll want to.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Vista? What's Vista?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast