• Banned User

whats the difference between nintendo ds, and ds lite ??

my kid wants one, I do not know what is which, can someone explain?

• Banned User

Re: whats the difference between nintendo ds, and ds lite ??

bump

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

The ds came out first and then a year or so later they came out with the lite version. Lite is suppose to be lighter in weight and the light is brighter. It may cost more now too since it is new. Either one will be fine for your kid. My two boys, 10 and 6 have the first ds that came out and it works great. I believe you can still get those. Hope that helps you.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Purchase the DS Lite. It plays both Game Boy Advance and DS games. My grandson has one, and it is definitely a brighter screen. A lot easier on the eyes. It is not as heavy as the regular DS. The DS has a lot of different games. My grandson carrys his whenever he can. It fits easily in his jeans. Funny, the kids nowadays have cell phones, iPods, and Game systems like the Ds in their pockets. It used to be baseball cards, and rocks, and marbles, and toy cars years ago.

The cost should be about the same. Unless it comes down in price, it is presently $129.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

By the way, the first ds plays Game Boy Advance games as well. It is a bit bigger then the Lite. Depending on how much you can afford, you should always go with the new version. (Which would be the Lite.)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Purchase the DS Lite. It plays both Game Boy Advance and DS games. My grandson has one, and it is definitely a brighter screen. A lot easier on the eyes. It is not as heavy as the regular DS. The DS has a lot of different games. My grandson carrys his whenever he can. It fits easily in his jeans. Funny, the kids nowadays have cell phones, iPods, and Game systems like the Ds in their pockets. It used to be baseball cards, and rocks, and marbles, and toy cars years ago.

The cost should be about the same. Unless it comes down in price, it is presently $129.
    thank you, both of you I got her what she wanted, a game boy advance and she got the color two, then she says mom, before you get the gameboy advance I decided I want the DS so now I have to trade the new one I got, and get her the ds lite now.

• For You!

Karla - sounds like our kids are thinking alike. I'm just happy to know that the DS lite will play the gameboy advance games.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

DS Lite tastes great but has half the calories of Nintendo DS.

I'm sorry. I just couldn't help myself.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Karla - sounds like our kids are thinking alike. I'm just happy to know that the DS lite will play the gameboy advance games.
    yep, we have tons of gameboy games, and I got 6 more for christmas! I am also going to find her some pet game where you feed the pet. oye kids today, they won't even feed there own pets

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    yep, we have tons of gameboy games, and I got 6 more for christmas! I am also going to find her some pet game where you feed the pet. oye kids today, they won't even feed there own pets
    Nintendogs is a GREAT game! My daughter just loves it! There are three different versions, but they are all the same except for different breeds of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    Nintendogs is a GREAT game! My daughter just loves it! There are three different versions, but they are all the same except for different breeds of dogs.
    hyper, is the ds games all the same ( do they work on ds light and regular ds ? ) I just bid on a nintendogs for 1.99 and I plan on getting her about 5 different games, I just need to know is if all the ds games will fit the ds lite. or do the games have to say ds light on them .

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    hyper, is the ds games all the same ( do they work on ds light and regular ds ? ) I just bid on a nintendogs for 1.99 and I plan on getting her about 5 different games, I just need to know is if all the ds games will fit the ds lite. or do the games have to say ds light on them .
    Yup, DS games will indeed work on DS Lite. If Rachal is interested in other animal games, she might enjoy Zoo Tycoon or Animal Crossing. Bailey has both those and enjoys them a lot. Also, check out Brain Age. It's an educational game for older children and adults. She might like that too!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.