Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: iTunes

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

iTunes

OK, I recently picked up an iPod because Sabrinas new car will run one though the head unit. I like the iPod itself, but i FREAKING HATE iTunes. This has got to be the absolutely worst media program on the face of the planet. The orginization blows, the downloading blows, and the uploading blows. I cannot find any redeeming quality to this program.

Anybody that says that iTunes is easy to use is smoking crack.

Media Player 11 is an absolutely beautiful and easy to use program. It organized the music like you would do it at home. It will show you the artwork next to each album and it stacks the number of cd's you have under the artist sort. Uploading is easy and ripping is easy.

I should have waited and bought a Zune.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Re: iTunes

I have to agree with you. iLove my iPod, but iTunes is just lame.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

You know, I here that from everyone that has an iPod. Apple REALLY blew it with this one...
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    OK, I recently picked up an iPod because Sabrinas new car will run one though the head unit. I like the iPod itself, but i FREAKING HATE iTunes. This has got to be the absolutely worst media program on the face of the planet. The orginization blows, the downloading blows, and the uploading blows. I cannot find any redeeming quality to this program.

Anybody that says that iTunes is easy to use is smoking crack.

Media Player 11 is an absolutely beautiful and easy to use program. It organized the music like you would do it at home. It will show you the artwork next to each album and it stacks the number of cd's you have under the artist sort. Uploading is easy and ripping is easy.

I should have waited and bought a Zune.
    i love my ipod hate itunes... always freaking updating... i hate this gapless thing that always has to update...takes forever....

i did hear on TWIT that zune is going to have its own software though... i heard you cant use media player 11... just what i heard, thought you should know
    So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

http://rze51.smugmug.com/

• oh bugger

Just to play the antagonist what version of iTunes are you running? Maybe its because I'm from Redmond, but I'm just not a big Microsoft fan.

I have my music organized into playlist I've created, most are by album but sometimes it easier to find something under my 'Library' than in a specific playlist. I can change the format to be a plain list or grouped (with album artwork) by: album, artist, or song title. I can also search for anything within my library (which is currently at 2121 songs, not including podcasts, or videos).

I'm also a big fan of the iTunes store. I don't buy a lot from it, only on rare occasions, but it is a great way to search for songs or artist I want to hear more from, or had forgotten about. The download time for a song is extremely quick and the quality is just as good as anything I've imported from cd.

I've never smoked crack and I don't see how iTunes could possibly be a difficult program to use. I'm checking out clips from Damien Rice's new cd right now.... easy breasy.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

I'm running 7.02 or something like that. Its slow, and rips music clow. It slows down my computer, the thing is a brick sitting on my desktop.

If you have an XP computer, download MP11 and try ripping music to it. It has pop up menu's that ask you what to do when you insert a cd. It will display the music in list form with art work. When you have multiple cd's for one artist, it will stack them in a fan to show you how many cd's you have. The interface is freindly and organized. There are tabbed listings for actions such as burn or rip. All you do is drag from the library to the tab you want.

The list display is hard on the eyes so when I have tried to display it with artwork, it splits each album into an album/artist grouping and won't show the artwork. I have 8 sections for musical history disc 1.

When I try to build a playlist, I haven't been able to get it to pull sections from the list. I have to click and confirm each track.

I try to download podcasts and it won't download half of them.

When I tried converting my existing MP 11 library, it completely missed albums. When I try to add the missing folders, it does nothing. When I add an album that is already on iTunes, it will add a second copy of EVERY song. MP11 will recognize that the files are the same and not add them.

Now iTunes may have these same features, but it's very difficult to figure out how to use them. MP 11 is SO MUCH easier to use.

I heard the Zune is going to use its own software too, so I need to wathc out for that also. I don't understand why they just didn't simplify 11. It has its own store with it too.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• I'm your huckleberry.

But how do you really feel JJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Banned User

my itunes works awsome, and it uploads very fast. I have not had any problems with mine. and I got ride of media player, it was messing my computer up pretty bad.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    It organized the music like you would do it at home. It will show you the artwork next to each album and it stacks the number of cd's you have under the artist sort. Uploading is easy and ripping is easy.
    Exactly what my iTunes does... I don't know what version of iTunes you are running, but I can tell you I'm not smoking crack.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

The only problem I have with iTunes is it seems like every time I attach my iPod to either charge or add songs, there seems to be a new update that needs to be downloaded.
    Also, iTunes takes forever to open up, which in turn slows anything else down on my computer.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• See you there!

Seems like we're keeping score here. Some folks have difficulties with iTunes, some not.

I personally like iTunes as it does all I need to keep my music, videos and iPod orgainzed. In MHO, it has just gotten better (for me) over the years.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy

I've heard of issues with iTunes 7, so I still run 6 point whatever. It rips CD's in a bout 3 - 4 minutes, and will burn a CD in about 3 minutes.

I agree that it is slow in booting up.

It organizes no better or worse that Music Match of WMP, but I don't like that you have to create a playlist to burn a cd (rather than just being able to burn a CD straight from the library)

You can change the settings if you do not want the iPod to update everytime you connect to your computer. The default is to sync with you computer evertime you hook up because it presumes that you've added new CD's or Podcasts or whatever to your iTunes( I know I do)

I love my iPod (as do 70 million others) and the advantages out weigh the disadvantages. I have the 60gb. The 80gb is out now at $150 bucks less. It plays music photos and video. The Zune only plays music.

If I were to get an MP3 player other than an iPod. It would be a PocketDish by Archos. 30gb for about $150, plays music and downloads DVR video from your Dish Network satilite receiver.

Keep in mind that with over 75% of the market, most acessories will be made specificly for the iPod, from cases to cables. Best investment I've made is the video cable that plugs into the headphone jack and lets me watch my movies on a TV.

• Banned User

ok, I need some help with mine. I put itunes on my moms computer, and I thought it would open up my playlist because its under the same account, but it did not. Can i still hook my ipod to my moms computer? its the same account, and I was sad to see no music I had down loaded. if I hook my ipod up to it will it down load my music to this itunes ?

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    But how do you really feel JJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Exactly what my iTunes does... I don't know what version of iTunes you are running, but I can tell you I'm not smoking crack.
    It does do it, but not as well as MP11

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Also, iTunes takes forever to open up, which in turn slows anything else down on my computer.
    Exactly my problem (amongst others)! I have a brand new P4 and it shouldn't be running as slow as it does with iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by CUatDL View Post
    I personally like iTunes as it does all I need to keep my music, videos and iPod orgainzed. In MHO, it has just gotten better (for me) over the years.

Just MHO, YMMV
    Yeam, MMMV by quite a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    I've heard of issues with iTunes 7, so I still run 6 point whatever. It rips CD's in a bout 3 - 4 minutes, and will burn a CD in about 3 minutes.

I agree that it is slow in booting up.

It organizes no better or worse that Music Match of WMP, but I don't like that you have to create a playlist to burn a cd (rather than just being able to burn a CD straight from the library)

You can change the settings if you do not want the iPod to update everytime you connect to your computer. The default is to sync with you computer evertime you hook up because it presumes that you've added new CD's or Podcasts or whatever to your iTunes( I know I do)

I love my iPod (as do 70 million others) and the advantages out weigh the disadvantages. I have the 60gb. The 80gb is out now at $150 bucks less. It plays music photos and video. The Zune only plays music.

If I were to get an MP3 player other than an iPod. It would be a PocketDish by Archos. 30gb for about $150, plays music and downloads DVR video from your Dish Network satilite receiver.

Keep in mind that with over 75% of the market, most acessories will be made specificly for the iPod, from cases to cables. Best investment I've made is the video cable that plugs into the headphone jack and lets me watch my movies on a TV.
    Just for giggles, download MP 11 and try it out. It will rip a CD in about 90 seconds on my computer and burns in about 3 minutes.

With MP11 all you do is drag the album into the burn tab and it will take care of everything itself. with itunes, I need to click on the song, scroll down and choose the playlist button. As far as I can tell, you cannot click on multiple lines and drag all at once either.

I know that the market is all over iPod. The only reason I bought one was because Sabrina's XB runs it through the head unit and she flips through music like crazy.

I will look out for the cable, I don't like the idea of buying movies I can only watch on a tiny screen. We are also going to put the Headrest and visor monitors in the car so hopefully I will be able to use it there too.

The Zune will play video and store pictures. I also like the way it uses the artwork as the wallpaper while you are playing the music. It puts the text and menu over it.

Oh, and they made the Zune compatible with aac files.

and as far as the pocket dish, I will keep that in mind, since I am pretty sure I'm going to beat my 30GB with a freaking hammer the next time I try to sync it. Not becasue of the iPod, but because of iTunes...
    Last edited by justjohn; 11-15-2006 at 10:00 AM.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

I just had a chance to check out the Zune. It works amazing! The layout is easy to use, the videos play well, there is a radio built in. I do agree that the Zune could be a lot sexier though. The flat finish leaves something to be desired. Everybody is complaining about the wheel not being a scroll wheel, but it clicks nice. I am going to give it a little while to become more standeard, but as soon as a headunit comes out that is compatible, its mine. I'm going to download the Zune program to try out their stuff.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast