• Banned User

I want to do you tube, any one got patience to teach me how?

I would love to have video of my kids, so how do I do it? I have the means to add video to my camera, but how do I put it up on you tube? I need step by step directions. if I can figure it out I am going to go and get a big memory card for my camera please, can some one help me with the directions to make this happen?

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: I want to do you tube, any one got patience to teach me how?

I'll do my best Karla. Do you at least know up to upload your video to a file on your computer (because I can't help ya there)?

If you have the file already on your computer, I can help (gimme a sec to write up the instructions)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• insufferable know-it-all

Okay, once you've signed up for an account (or if you already have one), on the <Home> tab, the second link over below it is labeled <My Videos>, click that.

On that page, on the left hand column, you'll see some links, followed by two buttons. The bottom one is <Upload A Video>, click that.

Fill in information on the video. Name it, give a little extra description. For example, I titled a file "Wishes - fireworks, Frontierland section". Then for description, I put "Small sample of Disneyland's 50th fireworks show, Frontierland section tributing Thunder Mountain and the shooting gallery."

Tags are how people will find your video. So you pick words people might be searching that fit your video. In this case, I put "Disneyland Micechat BTMRR mountain fireworks wishes". Then choose a category, in this case, I put "Entertainment", though I could just as easily have chosen "Travel".

Hit <continue>

Click on <browse> to locate the file in your computer. When you find the right file, click on it, and click <okay>.

Now choose how you want to "broadcast" it, public or private. In my case, I chose <public>. Now click on <upload video>. Depending on how long the video is, this may take a while.

Once it's uploaded you get to "Edit My Video"

The top section is one you already filled out. Scroll down and you can refine the information. So, for example, I fill out date recorded (since I catalog my uploads by the date uploaded, I'll use that date and fill in <May> <2> <2005>. Location: Disneyland.

The next section is called "sharing". It gives you the url of your uploaded video. This is a good time to highlight and copy that url. In this case, it gave me:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkgERB2jzeo

There is also, at the bottom, the code for embedding the video, so if you were posting it on your website or something, you might want to use that html code in your site. But let's stick with the easy stuff and just copy the url.

Now when you want to link people, just give them the url of your video!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

thank you hon, I got lost with in a few lines here my sister is coming down to help me next month . thank you so much for your patience and typing all this