Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    ipod help please

    Ipod help please

    my ipod nano which is only a few months old will not last more then 2 hours play time. what is wrong? and how do I contact the compnay? the site is so confusing.
    I had not list4ened to my ipod much, so when my daughter finally decided to listen it lost its charge after less then 2 hours. we charged it totally up and it did the same thing 3 times. where do I go for help, who do I contact, please if you got the info and numbers can you help me? thanks

  2. #2

    • itty bitty
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The sun shines wherever I go
    Posts
    9,632
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: ipod help please

    Have you tried turning off the backlight?
    I did a search on apples website for short battery life, and this is what I got.
    http://search.info.apple.com/?search=Go&lr=lang_en&kword=&type=&newstype=&q=sho rt%20battery%20life
    and here
    http://www.apple.com/batteries/
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

  3. #3

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    Posts
    13,791
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: ipod help please

    Karla,
    before you try to send it back, update the firmware:
    http://www.apple.com/ipod/start/

    If that doesn't fix the problem, it is usually better to send the unit back to the retailer that you bought the unit from than trying to contact Apple directly. However, if you didn't buy from a major retailer, then contact Apple directly.

    Here is a link to the iPod Service Page:
    http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/faq/
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

    Find us on Facebook:

    .

    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,



  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: ipod help please

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Karla,
    before you try to send it back, update the firmware:
    http://www.apple.com/ipod/start/

    If that doesn't fix the problem, it is usually better to send the unit back to the retailer that you bought the unit from than trying to contact Apple directly. However, if you didn't buy from a major retailer, then contact Apple directly.

    Here is a link to the iPod Service Page:
    http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/faq/
    its all up to date, and the back light is on for only a second. enough time to look and it goes off. I bought it from the apple store on line.it was to be achriatmas present for my girl, but we opened it early. I am glad wedid now. they say I have to pay 29.00 to send it back? and that I will not get mine back but a different one?? her ipod had ingraving on it, to my lovely daughter whom I cherise and adore.

  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: ipod help please

    Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Have you tried turning off the backlight?
    I did a search on apples website for short battery life, and this is what I got.
    http://search.info.apple.com/?search...battery%20life
    and here
    http://www.apple.com/batteries/
    thank you frecky, I will go read now

  6. #6

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bozeman, Montana, United States
    Posts
    8,666
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: ipod help please

    If Apple provides a replacement, they will redo the engraving. It usually takes about a week to get a replacement and you will need to reload your music from ITunes to your IPod.

  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: ipod help please

    Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL View Post
    If Apple provides a replacement, they will redo the engraving. It usually takes about a week to get a replacement and you will need to reload your music from ITunes to your IPod.
    will it just go right in? or will I have to re do our account? and is there a local place I can take it to be fixed?
    Thank you so much for your help !

  8. #8

    • no one to be trifled with
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    on the Cliffs of Insanity
    Posts
    696
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: ipod help please

    when you synch the new iPod, it will use what you already have set up in iTunes. No need to do the account setup again



  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: ipod help please

    Quote Originally Posted by Westley View Post
    when you synch the new iPod, it will use what you already have set up in iTunes. No need to do the account setup again
    thank you!!! say arn't you in germany?? pics please

  10. #10

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: ipod help please

    Quote Originally Posted by Westley View Post
    when you synch the new iPod, it will use what you already have set up in iTunes. No need to do the account setup again
    say is that with any ipod? if I get my self one will I have to have 2 accounts? we both love the same music, and I think we can do play lists to only listen to our own music, will that work?

  11. #11

    • no one to be trifled with
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    on the Cliffs of Insanity
    Posts
    696
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: ipod help please

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    say is that with any ipod? if I get my self one will I have to have 2 accounts? we both love the same music, and I think we can do play lists to only listen to our own music, will that work?
    Karla, I don't know how you are running your system. If you each log in separately to windows (you have a username, dd has her own, etcetera) then you can have iTunes automatically sysnc your iPod to your lists, etc. because you will have separate libraries (maybe using the same applestore account). If, however, you never log in to your computer, you just turn it on and start using it once it starts up, you will have to tell iTunes to not automatically synch. Then you can plug your iPod in, drag the lists and/or songs you want to the iPod, and dd can do the same with her iPod.

    It's harder to write or explain this than it is to actually do



  12. #12

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: ipod help please

    Quote Originally Posted by Westley View Post
    Karla, I don't know how you are running your system. If you each log in separately to windows (you have a username, dd has her own, etcetera) then you can have iTunes automatically sysnc your iPod to your lists, etc. because you will have separate libraries (maybe using the same applestore account). If, however, you never log in to your computer, you just turn it on and start using it once it starts up, you will have to tell iTunes to not automatically synch. Then you can plug your iPod in, drag the lists and/or songs you want to the iPod, and dd can do the same with her iPod.

    It's harder to write or explain this than it is to actually do
    I just turn the computer on and I am right on the web. I did set up an account for rachal on my computer, but then my computer would not shut down or it acted funny. not sure why so I deleted the account. I really want to get her onto her own computer by March, we have to look for someone to hook up a router for us.
    say, how long does it take to recharge an ipod? ours has been plugged in now for 4 hours and its still not fully charged.

  13. #13

    • no one to be trifled with
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    on the Cliffs of Insanity
    Posts
    696
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: ipod help please

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    say, how long does it take to recharge an ipod? ours has been plugged in now for 4 hours and its still not fully charged.
    I hope it is charged now The circle with the line through it isn't about charging, but about being connected and used by the host computer. been busy - Germany pics later - perhaps today/tonight.



Similar Threads

  1. iPhone - iPod touch - iPod Origami video
    By CUatDL in forum Fun and Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 09:58 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 09:54 AM
  3. Ipod HELP!
    By jennilaurie in forum The Tech Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2006, 04:32 PM
  4. iPod Help
    By Joshrzmeup in forum The Tech Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 06:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •