Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm your huckleberry.

Question Podcast Suggestions

So I'm the new owner of an iPod (thanks to my boss). I'm not a huge music listener, but I LOVE talk radio. I figure Podcasts are right up my alley. However, I only know of a handful of Podcasts to download.

Can anyone give me some suggestions of ones to try?

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Re: Podcast Suggestions

The Ricky Gervais show was hilarious, and if the episodes are still on iTunes, its worth listening too. However they started charging after their first season
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• That Guy

I can't even believe that Tui mentioned that one. That is the ONLY one I can recommend, and he scooped me.

Well done, that show is great, just like the BBC's The Office, and Extras.

• Minion

Disney related or other?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Hype, if you happen to watch Grey's Anatomy, each week there is a new episode, there is a new podcast by it's creator Shona Rhimes. It's really very interesting because they explain nuances that you wouldn't necessarily catch watching the show.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    Disney related or other?
    Either or.

So far I've listened to a Podcast of the 2 hours of my fave drive time radio show that I miss every day. I can't believe how good the sound quality is.

I remember someone mentioning a good cooking/epicurian show once, but can't remember what it was called.

I've heard most of the Disney podcasts are just okay. Any suggestions for a truly good one would be welcome!

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

For Disney I'd recommend Inside the Magic and Mouse|Tunes. They're more Walt Disney World oriented, but I find them to be highly enjoyable.

• cold kickin' it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    The Ricky Gervais show was hilarious, and if the episodes are still on iTunes, its worth listening too. However they started charging after their first season
    gervais is the man!! so funny!

as for podcasts i like "This American Life". it's an npr show that is really funny. david sedaris is on it a lot too.

or you could always podcast the greatest morning radio show ever...
    THE ADAM CAROLLA SHOW!!
    I don't party like I used to, I party twice as hard as before....

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    For Disney I'd recommend Inside the Magic and Mouse|Tunes. They're more Walt Disney World oriented, but I find them to be highly enjoyable.
    Where do I find these?

Quote Originally Posted by kylelicious View Post
    as for podcasts i like "This American Life". it's an npr show that is really funny. david sedaris is on it a lot too.
    Sounds interesting... can it be downloaded from the NPR website?

• Minion

For Disney related podcasts I highly recommend the following:

Window to the Magic.com Podcast
    Hosted by Paul Berry. Focuses on Disneyland. Highlights of this podcast are the "Where in the Park" games. Paul starts in the Esplanade and walks to an attraction either in DCA or DL. Some of these games can played for prizes. VERY high production values on ths podcast, and there is a large focus on Disney audio.

Inside the Magic

Hosted by Ricky Brigante. Focuses on Walt Disney World as well as Disney news. Highlights of this podcast are the segments co-hosted by Skipper Ben, a former WDW College Program employee. Skipper Ben has some very interesting stories and anecdotes. One of the longest running podcasts.

Mouseguest Weekly (may be a little cheesy)

Hosted by Eric and Dan. I like it because it's hosted by two people simultaneously, so you get more of a talk radio feel. It can be a bit cheesy at times, especially with some of the hypothetical contests (you'll see what I mean). Overall it's a good show

Mousepod

One of my favorite podcasts, but there haven't been any new episodes for almost a year. One of the first Disney podcasts, and even features some Micechatters!

Official Disneyland Podcast

As good as an official podcast can get. Hosted by Michael Geohegan. Michael interviews imagineers as well as leads and sometimes gets information that we otherwise wouldn't know. It's the shortest of the podcasts, and instead of being a weekly podcast, it's monthly.

The easiest way to download these podcasts is to use your itunes software. Just type the name of the podcast in the podcast store and you'll be able to download each episode individually, or subscribe to the feed. Everytime you launch itunes, it will automatically check to see if a new episode s available and it will download the newest one automatically...

I hardly ever listen to music on my iPod anymore, and the radio is history!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    For Disney related podcasts I highly recommend the following:

Window to the Magic.com Podcast
    Hosted by Paul Berry. Focuses on Disneyland. Highlights of this podcast are the "Where in the Park" games. Paul starts in the Esplanade and walks to an attraction either in DCA or DL. Some of these games can played for prizes. VERY high production values on ths podcast, and there is a large focus on Disney audio.

Inside the Magic

Hosted by Ricky Brigante. Focuses on Walt Disney World as well as Disney news. Highlights of this podcast are the segments co-hosted by Skipper Ben, a former WDW College Program employee. Skipper Ben has some very interesting stories and anecdotes. One of the longest running podcasts.

Mouseguest Weekly (may be a little cheesy)

Hosted by Eric and Dan. I like it because it's hosted by two people simultaneously, so you get more of a talk radio feel. It can be a bit cheesy at times, especially with some of the hypothetical contests (you'll see what I mean). Overall it's a good show

Mousepod

One of my favorite podcasts, but there haven't been any new episodes for almost a year. One of the first Disney podcasts, and even features some Micechatters!

Official Disneyland Podcast

As good as an official podcast can get. Hosted by Michael Geohegan. Michael interviews imagineers as well as leads and sometimes gets information that we otherwise wouldn't know. It's the shortest of the podcasts, and instead of being a weekly podcast, it's monthly.

The easiest way to download these podcasts is to use your itunes software. Just type the name of the podcast in the podcast store and you'll be able to download each episode individually, or subscribe to the feed. Everytime you launch itunes, it will automatically check to see if a new episode s available and it will download the newest one automatically...

I hardly ever listen to music on my iPod anymore, and the radio is history!
    Wow, this is awesome information!!!! Thank you so much!

Especially for letting me know how to fnd the Podcasts. I just had my boyfriend upload the radio shows for me this morning, I had no idea you could find Podcasts from iTunes.

• Mouse Lounge Podcast Host

Shameless plug for us on the DPN. http://www.disneypodcastnet.com
    Last edited by mouselounge; 12-21-2006 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Additional content

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    Where do I find these?
    http://www.distantcreations.com/insidethemagic
    http://www.mousetunes.com

The official Disneyland podcast is good, and the Walt Disney World one was, but seems to be going through some issues.

I've heard about some of these podcasts. Has anyone listened to them and can give a review?

The Disney Hub
    The Mickey Room
    WDW Today

• Me and Ilovevmk as elves

There is one called "The World" by NPR, which features different artists everyday. It will give samples of the music, possibly have an interview with the artist, and explains why that music is the way it is. It is world music, so hopefully you are ready to listen to something completely original.

Another one of my favorites is "Real Time with Bill Maher" but you have to already like him anyway to appreciate his humor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast