Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1

    • I'm your huckleberry.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    6,176

    Question Podcast Suggestions

    So I'm the new owner of an iPod (thanks to my boss). I'm not a huge music listener, but I LOVE talk radio. I figure Podcasts are right up my alley. However, I only know of a handful of Podcasts to download.

    Can anyone give me some suggestions of ones to try?

    Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

  2. #2

    • And they call me Mad!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Your Mind
    Posts
    10,962
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Podcast Suggestions

    The Ricky Gervais show was hilarious, and if the episodes are still on iTunes, its worth listening too. However they started charging after their first season
    What an idiot....

    Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.


  3. #3

    • That Guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Wizard Sleeve
    Posts
    4,572

    Re: Podcast Suggestions

    I can't even believe that Tui mentioned that one. That is the ONLY one I can recommend, and he scooped me.

    Well done, that show is great, just like the BBC's The Office, and Extras.




  4. #4

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lakewood, California, United States
    Posts
    4,540

    Re: Podcast Suggestions

    Disney related or other?

  5. #5

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sitting in the Tiki Room
    Posts
    2,089
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Podcast Suggestions

    Hype, if you happen to watch Grey's Anatomy, each week there is a new episode, there is a new podcast by it's creator Shona Rhimes. It's really very interesting because they explain nuances that you wouldn't necessarily catch watching the show.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

  6. #6

    • I'm your huckleberry.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    6,176

    Re: Podcast Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    Disney related or other?
    Either or.

    So far I've listened to a Podcast of the 2 hours of my fave drive time radio show that I miss every day. I can't believe how good the sound quality is.

    I remember someone mentioning a good cooking/epicurian show once, but can't remember what it was called.

    I've heard most of the Disney podcasts are just okay. Any suggestions for a truly good one would be welcome!

    Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

  7. #7

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,260
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Podcast Suggestions

    For Disney I'd recommend Inside the Magic and Mouse|Tunes. They're more Walt Disney World oriented, but I find them to be highly enjoyable.

  8. #8

    • cold kickin' it.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    580

    Re: Podcast Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    The Ricky Gervais show was hilarious, and if the episodes are still on iTunes, its worth listening too. However they started charging after their first season
    gervais is the man!! so funny!

    as for podcasts i like "This American Life". it's an npr show that is really funny. david sedaris is on it a lot too.

    or you could always podcast the greatest morning radio show ever...
    THE ADAM CAROLLA SHOW!!
    I don't party like I used to, I party twice as hard as before....


  9. #9

    • I'm your huckleberry.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    6,176

    Re: Podcast Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    For Disney I'd recommend Inside the Magic and Mouse|Tunes. They're more Walt Disney World oriented, but I find them to be highly enjoyable.
    Where do I find these?

    Quote Originally Posted by kylelicious View Post
    as for podcasts i like "This American Life". it's an npr show that is really funny. david sedaris is on it a lot too.
    Sounds interesting... can it be downloaded from the NPR website?

    Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

  10. #10

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lakewood, California, United States
    Posts
    4,540

    Re: Podcast Suggestions

    For Disney related podcasts I highly recommend the following:

    Window to the Magic.com Podcast
    Hosted by Paul Berry. Focuses on Disneyland. Highlights of this podcast are the "Where in the Park" games. Paul starts in the Esplanade and walks to an attraction either in DCA or DL. Some of these games can played for prizes. VERY high production values on ths podcast, and there is a large focus on Disney audio.

    Inside the Magic

    Hosted by Ricky Brigante. Focuses on Walt Disney World as well as Disney news. Highlights of this podcast are the segments co-hosted by Skipper Ben, a former WDW College Program employee. Skipper Ben has some very interesting stories and anecdotes. One of the longest running podcasts.

    Mouseguest Weekly (may be a little cheesy)

    Hosted by Eric and Dan. I like it because it's hosted by two people simultaneously, so you get more of a talk radio feel. It can be a bit cheesy at times, especially with some of the hypothetical contests (you'll see what I mean). Overall it's a good show

    Mousepod

    One of my favorite podcasts, but there haven't been any new episodes for almost a year. One of the first Disney podcasts, and even features some Micechatters!

    Official Disneyland Podcast

    As good as an official podcast can get. Hosted by Michael Geohegan. Michael interviews imagineers as well as leads and sometimes gets information that we otherwise wouldn't know. It's the shortest of the podcasts, and instead of being a weekly podcast, it's monthly.

    The easiest way to download these podcasts is to use your itunes software. Just type the name of the podcast in the podcast store and you'll be able to download each episode individually, or subscribe to the feed. Everytime you launch itunes, it will automatically check to see if a new episode s available and it will download the newest one automatically...

    I hardly ever listen to music on my iPod anymore, and the radio is history!

  11. #11

    • I'm your huckleberry.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    6,176

    Re: Podcast Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    For Disney related podcasts I highly recommend the following:

    Window to the Magic.com Podcast
    Hosted by Paul Berry. Focuses on Disneyland. Highlights of this podcast are the "Where in the Park" games. Paul starts in the Esplanade and walks to an attraction either in DCA or DL. Some of these games can played for prizes. VERY high production values on ths podcast, and there is a large focus on Disney audio.

    Inside the Magic

    Hosted by Ricky Brigante. Focuses on Walt Disney World as well as Disney news. Highlights of this podcast are the segments co-hosted by Skipper Ben, a former WDW College Program employee. Skipper Ben has some very interesting stories and anecdotes. One of the longest running podcasts.

    Mouseguest Weekly (may be a little cheesy)

    Hosted by Eric and Dan. I like it because it's hosted by two people simultaneously, so you get more of a talk radio feel. It can be a bit cheesy at times, especially with some of the hypothetical contests (you'll see what I mean). Overall it's a good show

    Mousepod

    One of my favorite podcasts, but there haven't been any new episodes for almost a year. One of the first Disney podcasts, and even features some Micechatters!

    Official Disneyland Podcast

    As good as an official podcast can get. Hosted by Michael Geohegan. Michael interviews imagineers as well as leads and sometimes gets information that we otherwise wouldn't know. It's the shortest of the podcasts, and instead of being a weekly podcast, it's monthly.

    The easiest way to download these podcasts is to use your itunes software. Just type the name of the podcast in the podcast store and you'll be able to download each episode individually, or subscribe to the feed. Everytime you launch itunes, it will automatically check to see if a new episode s available and it will download the newest one automatically...

    I hardly ever listen to music on my iPod anymore, and the radio is history!
    Wow, this is awesome information!!!! Thank you so much!

    Especially for letting me know how to fnd the Podcasts. I just had my boyfriend upload the radio shows for me this morning, I had no idea you could find Podcasts from iTunes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

  12. #12

    • Mouse Lounge Podcast Host
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edwards, Colorado
    Posts
    26

    Re: Podcast Suggestions

    Shameless plug for us on the DPN. http://www.disneypodcastnet.com
    Last edited by mouselounge; 12-21-2006 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Additional content

  13. #13

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,260
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Podcast Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    Where do I find these?
    http://www.distantcreations.com/insidethemagic
    http://www.mousetunes.com

    The official Disneyland podcast is good, and the Walt Disney World one was, but seems to be going through some issues.

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    79

    Re: Podcast Suggestions

    I've heard about some of these podcasts. Has anyone listened to them and can give a review?

    The Disney Hub
    The Mickey Room
    WDW Today

  15. #15

    • Me and Ilovevmk as elves
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in California
    Posts
    1,413

    Re: Podcast Suggestions

    There is one called "The World" by NPR, which features different artists everyday. It will give samples of the music, possibly have an interview with the artist, and explains why that music is the way it is. It is world music, so hopefully you are ready to listen to something completely original.

    Another one of my favorites is "Real Time with Bill Maher" but you have to already like him anyway to appreciate his humor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Miceage Podcast?
    By SciFi96 in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 01:09 PM
  2. Disney Podcast Content Suggestions
    By linklewtt in forum The Tech Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 08:07 PM
  3. 07-04-06 Bob Gurr Podcast
    By Chuck Oberleitner in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 06:41 PM
  4. The Meandering Mouse Podcast and Disney Podcast Network
    By meanderingmouse in forum Community Outpost
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2006, 02:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •