Thread: Laptop advice.

• Banned User

Question Laptop advice.

I'm looking for a small notebook. I'm going to need a new laptop this Summer as the one I have now I share with my mom and I'm moving out so I will need my own. I'm looking for something with a screen size 12 inches or under and is great for making movies and playing them. I'm open to Mac or PC since I've owned both, I really like PC but I know Mac is great with making movies so I'm torn. I also need something with a great price and I know iBooks are like $1200 so that's not bad.

• Minion

Re: Laptop advice.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    I'm looking for a small notebook. I'm going to need a new laptop this Summer as the one I have now I share with my mom and I'm moving out so I will need my own. I'm looking for something with a screen size 12 inches or under and is great for making movies and playing them. I'm open to Mac or PC since I've owned both, I really like PC but I know Mac is great with making movies so I'm torn. I also need something with a great price and I know iBooks are like $1200 so that's not bad.
    Go to the Apple website to the store. A couple options are to go to the right side of the screen and enter that you are a student and it will ask where. You get a decent discount there. Also, look at the refurb options. My son bought a refurb, comes with a year warranty and we always buy the Apple Care. They have/had (before Christmas) iBook/MacBook refurbs for $800.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I think you find better price if you look at 15"

there is a lot of 15" screen Laptop computer.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Minion

1200 FOR AN IBOOK!!!!!!
    EagleWings...my Ibook G4 with panther is coming in tommorow straight from the apple store, and I got it for 400 dollars (but tha was with my dads company discount)
    The refurbished ones are just as good as the brand new ones, and they come with a 1 year warranty in case something goes wrong. Mine comes in tommorow, so as soon as i'm back from Disneyland i'll check around it and post a review for you

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

the new macbooks are awesome! i have the dell 710m, its small, wide screen and just as powerful as any other! the newer version is the 1205? i think... if you want cool dell coupons go to mrrebates.com and you'll find some great coupons for instant discounts, plus at the end you get like a 4% rebate from mrrebates.com!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I would KILL for a MacBook myself. A friend of mine and her husband just got one and they can't stop raving about it.

Laptop? Oh I miss understood.... never mind.

• Minion

My new Ibook laptop arrived while i was at disneyland yesterday, and iv been on it since i got back.
    Its the most amazing little computer iv ever been on. I would definitley reccomend you look at refurbished ibook g4s on apple.com
    They are like brand new!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I've always been partial to Mac myself. In November I bought my daughter an HP laptop for her birthday, and spent as much on it as I would of a Macbook. But all of her programs/schoolwork etc was PC based so I had to go that direction for her.

But for myself I'd go with a Macbook with the new Intel chips. If you have to run a PC program, the new Macs will run them with Bootcamp. I'm going to be looking into the rehab program myself, since the only think I want a laptop for is for a toy for me to play around with, and I don't need to spend ton-o-money just to do email and games.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.