• Banned User

Videocard or new PC?

I am wondering that since I tried to use Halo on PC that my Sony required a new video card. Should I get a new PC instead???

(I don’t have that much but I have some.)

I have a Sony Vaio from like 2 years ago, (60 gigs... not bad for what I use it for,) and a HP pavilion PC from like last year that is slightly slow... (I was thinking on upgrading ram on that.)

What should I do? And any recommendations for new video cards??

• Uber Disney freak! șOș

Well, I'd go with just a new video card if you're otherwise satisfied with your PC - cheaper. As for brands, I've lately become a BFG loyalist. GREAT video cards - husband and I both use them in our desktops. Here's their list of products on Newegg.com: http://makeashorterlink.com/?A2F62322B

That said, if you're looking for an excuse to get a new PC, then by all means do it! Build your own or buy a Dell.
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• off in lala land

I would also go with a new video card rather than buy a new PC, especially since you have a Sony are thinking of stepping down to HP. Stay with your Sony, and buy the best video card that is in your budget that your system will take.
    ...it's been a long time.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickey
    I would also go with a new video card rather than buy a new PC, especially since you have a Sony are thinking of stepping down to HP. Stay with your Sony, and buy the best video card that is in your budget that your system will take.
    I own both... but the HP (a gift) is newer...(though seems not as new tech wise..)

I really want a laptop.. but need more money first.. so i will get a video card...

• Feel the breeze!

Well, before I can really make a recommendation:
    1) How much ram and what processor is in each machine?
    2) What video card is currently in each machine?

If you are running around with 128 MB of RAM or a slow processor a new video card will not make much of a difference as your computer will not be able to feed it enough information to make efficient use of it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyren
    Well, before I can really make a recommendation:
    1) How much ram and what processor is in each machine?
    2) What video card is currently in each machine?

If you are running around with 128 MB of RAM or a slow processor a new video card will not make much of a difference as your computer will not be able to feed it enough information to make efficient use of it.
    One computer will be getting more ram.. the other computer just needs a new video card... (at least thats what Microsoft said... for Halo..)