Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Cool Apple Announces the amazing new iPhone at Macworld - Marketwatch & Engadget

Apple unwraps iPhone at Macworld
    1:52p ET January 9, 2007 (Marketwatch)

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Apple Computer Inc. Chief Executive Steve Jobs on Tuesday unveiled the iPhone, its new touch-screen mobile phone that will be able to play music, surf the Internet and take pictures, among other features.

"Apple is going to reinvent the phone," Jobs said during his keynote speech at Macworld. "After today, nobody is going to look at these [other mobile phones] the same way again."

The phone, to be available in June, will use new "multitouch" technology, Jobs added, calling the phone the "ultimate digital device." It will have a 3.5-inch diagonal screen and be 11.6 millimeters thick. Apple's iPod technology is built into the phone.

Among its features, Apple said that the phone will have a 2-megapixel camera, instant text-messaging capacity, sync with iTunes and use a visual voice-mail system, which will allow users to read a list of people who called.
    And here is a picture of the phone from www.engadget.com:

I want one of these right now. It is a razor thin phone, a hand-held computer, an iPod, and a 2MP camera. This is the new killer app. An apple tech Swiss army knife sort of device which looks beautiful and has an amazing design. WOW!

UPDATE (1/9/07):
    Below is an internal memo from Cingular about the new phone:
    Cingular to be exclusive U.S. carrier for Apple's iPhone

In a move to further expand our lead in wireless, today we announced that Cingular will be the exclusive U.S. carrier for Apple's new iPhone — unveiled today at the Macworld Expo in San Francisco.

As part of the multi-year partnership, Cingular and Apple will deliver innovative new features to mobile phone users, such as iPhone's pioneering and unique "Visual Voice Mail," a first on any mobile phone in the world.

"By partnering with Apple, we are continuing our commitment to raising the bar for customers," said Stan Sigman, Cingular president and CEO. "We think the iPhone is one of the most innovative devices ever created, and we look forward to letting our customers be the first in the world to experience the future of mobile phones."

iPhone will be available in the U.S. beginning in June 2007 in a 4-gigabyte model for $499 — and in an 8-gigabyte model for $599. It will work in combination with Apple's iTunes running on either a PC or Mac.

iPhone will be sold in the U.S. through Cingular and Apple retail and online stores. For the news release, go here. For a demo on Apple's website, go here.

UPDATE (1/10/07): Cisco sues Apple for iPhone trademark infringement

From Reuters

Cisco sues Apple for iPhone trademark infringement

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Cisco Systems Inc. said on Wednesday it sued Apple Inc. (Nasdaq:AAPL - news) for infringing on its "iPhone" trademark, a day after Apple unveiled a multimedia phone of the same name.

Shares in Apple, which could not immediately be reached for comment, fell 1.3 percent in after-hours trade following the announcement.

Cisco said it was seeking an injunctive relief to prevent Apple from "infringing upon and deliberately copying and using" the trademark, which Cisco obtained in 2000 after acquiring Infogear. Infogear had previously owned the trademark and had sold iPhones for several years, it said.
    Full Story Here

-Dusty
    Last edited by Dustysage; 01-10-2007 at 04:39 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

Re: Apple Announces the amazing new iPhone at Macworld - Marketwatch & Engadget

I think I heard JustJohn's head explode.
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Nice!! Cingular exclusive too!
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

SFGate did a good article/blog about Job's announcements today. It can be found at http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...gid=19&cat=449
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Man O Lantern

I think I'll wait for a generation or four to go by before I even think about getting one. I'm still mad about the battery life of my video iPod.

But the new shuffles are pretty cool, way better than the old ones.

It's fun watching Apple reinvent things. I'd be interested in a few years.

• Feeling LOVED

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I think I'll wait for a generation or four to go by before I even think about getting one. I'm still mad about the battery life of my video iPod.

But the new shuffles are pretty cool, way better than the old ones.

It's fun watching Apple reinvent things. I'd be interested in a few years.
    I hear ya on the battery life.....sheesh....
    HEARTS CLUB !!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Some of the MC Apple geeks have been tracking the news about MacWorld in this thread:
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49929

I was going to get a Treo next month, but I will be waiting until June to upgrade. I love love love that they are being offered through Cingular.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Here's another article about all of Apple Inc's newest toys.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/ptech/0....ap/index.html
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

4 GB for $499 and 8 GB for $599 for 2 year contracts, not too bad. This phone looks flat out awesome.
    -Jack

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    4 GB for $499 and 8 GB for $599 for 2 year contracts, not too bad. This phone looks flat out awesome.
    What's the MiceChat discount on those?
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Your answer was submitted Matt.
    -Jack

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

This is also really good news for the Windows Mobile community. With the stagnating progress that Windows Mobile hasn't really made over the last 6 years, hopefully Apple's new OSX Mobile will motivate MS to make Windows Mobile 7 even better. The pure simplicty of the iPhone looks awesome, and Apple will pull off a mobile computer the way it should be.
    -Monorail Man

• Huh?

Woohoo! More from the company that brought you the entire iRipoff line!
    -Tim

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    This is also really good news for the Windows Mobile community. With the stagnating progress that Windows Mobile hasn't really made over the last 6 years, hopefully Apple's new OSX Mobile will motivate MS to make Windows Mobile 7 even better. The pure simplicty of the iPhone looks awesome, and Apple will pull off a mobile computer the way it should be.
    I couldn't agree more, until the Blackjack (which I haven't seen do anything too bad yet), Windows Mobile has had millions of issues.
    -Jack

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

I can't wait to see one of these lying on the ground underneath Tatsu

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast