• That Guy

New iPOD & iTunes ?

Hi guys!

My old shuffle just died, and I am going to go pick up the new, little shuffle. Do I need to do anything special to keep my same music in my library when I get my new shuffle plugged in? I don't want to mess anything up, and I would like to just plug in my new iPOD and load music.

Thanks for your tips guys!!!!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: New iPOD & iTunes ?

I recently got a new shuffle too. As far as I know, you can just plug and play, nothing should need to be changed with iTunes.

Enjoy your new toy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

MAX!!!! My long lost BFF!!! I have missed you!!!

I can't tell you the answer to this -- I have suffered through this experience, but my iPod and the puter it was linked to -- they both croaked. I lost everything that I didn't have backed up. I had a HUGE amount of stuff lost. True, I had a ton on CDs, but I had a ton NOT on CDs too. It was a sad time. First the iPod died, but I didn't freak out because I knew I was getting a new iPod -- then the computer blew up. Sorry, long way to go to tell you that I can't help you. But I can tell you that I missed you again.

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    Hi guys!

My old shuffle just died, and I am going to go pick up the new, little shuffle. Do I need to do anything special to keep my same music in my library when I get my new shuffle plugged in? I don't want to mess anything up, and I would like to just plug in my new iPOD and load music.

As long as you keep your iTunes library on your computer, you should be OK.

You do have a backup of your iTunes library and all other important documents and stuff on your computer, don't you?

There should be not problem using a new iPod with your old library. I've heard of folkd havind two iPods and syncing them from one iTunes Library.

This tech note from Apple shows how to use multiple iPods with one computer, so if you can use multiple iPods, you should have no problems using a different iPod whith your computer.

The URL is:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300432

IHTH

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• Knight of Naughtyness

Just plug the new one in and go. You don't have to install the software again. Just make sure that you update your iTunes software to the latest version.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    Hi guys!

Not to turn you off of the cute little new shuffle, but they recently released a new software update for the first generation shuffle. Lots of folks have said that this new update brought their old shuffle back from the dead. My first gen shuffle was working just fine and I updated to this latest version with no problems. It's version 1.1.5 for the old shuffle software. Couldn't hurt to try updating the old shuffle's software...

I also have the new shuffle - couldn't resist! I synch both to the same library with no problem.
    These are the games that never end.

• Minion

You might consider checking the Apple site for deals.

Last fall I got an Ipod video 30GB for $ 170 (refurbished).

But thats not a bad deal for that much product
    “Any sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, that’s when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• That Guy

THanks guys, I appreciate all the good tips from everyone, you guys rock. I went to the Apple store in Phx and the Genius bar people did something and fixed it up. I was kind of hoping for a new one, but they fixed it. I did learn some more about the new iPHONE, and the guys there are going to buy one as soon as they come out, they're not going to wait and worry about updates.

Hi! I just got a shuffle and video iPod as well and I wanted to know if we can bring them to the parks? I have an annual and walk there as a way to work out and it's boring at times without music. I'd be tons grateful if anyone can answer this without me starting a new thread.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post
    You might consider checking the Apple site for deals.

Last fall I got an Ipod video 30GB for $ 170 (refurbished).

But thats not a bad deal for that much product
    I got the next gen video 30 GB and the battery life sucks.

The new shuffles are great! You can play your playlist as is, or shuffle it. We have three iPods in our house now and all we had to do was upgrade our iTunes software. For $75, it's a good buy for 1 GB!

My husband likes that it looks manly and is a clip. My daughter thinks her identical shuffle looks girlie. Whatever. Now they can leave mine alone.

They both have gotten over 10 hours of play before needing to juice them up again. We really like them!

Edited to add: You can definitely take your iPod to the parks, merry maven. No problems.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by merri_maven View Post
    Hi! I just got a shuffle and video iPod as well and I wanted to know if we can bring them to the parks? I have an annual and walk there as a way to work out and it's boring at times without music. I'd be tons grateful if anyone can answer this without me starting a new thread.
    Absolutely! My daughter brought her iPod to the park last time we went so she had something to listen to while waiting in line, or waiting for us old folk to do boring stuff!

And I just LOVE my shuffle. It's perfect for the gym!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• out & about

what you need to remember is that iTunes simply takes the music library thats stored on any computer and copies it to any iPod that gets connected. It doesnmt matter how many iPods you connect and sync to iTunes cause all it does is copy the library to the iPod.

The catch is that you can only sync one (1) library to a particular iPod... make sense? So one (1) iPod cannot be sync'd to multiple iTunes libraries.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

@WRDinc

• no one to be trifled with

Blog Entries

however...
    "You can manage your iPod with different computers as long as the computers are running the same operating system (Mac OS X or Windows) and you have set the iPod to 'Manually manage music.'" http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61675

and furthermore...
    "Note: iPod shuffle is intended for use with a single computer. You cannot load music from multiple computers or iTunes libraries onto iPod shuffle like you can with other iPods."

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by Westley View Post
    and furthermore...
    "Note: iPod shuffle is intended for use with a single computer. You cannot load music from multiple computers or iTunes libraries onto iPod shuffle like you can with other iPods."
    Well, I've never tried it, but there's a selection in the Menus (something like "Remove Association to Computer"). It sounds like you actually can change the PC that the iPod is 'linked-to". Maybe it's just harder with the shuffle -- dunno.
    These are the games that never end.