• ...TWO BITS!

Photobucket vs SmugMug

Or really, which photo service do you like better? We know darkbeer uses Smugmug. But kickcows suggested photobucket. I just want to simply upload and comment on photos. Easy access to all and user-friendly. Also perhaps free . Or maybe there's another photo website you like better. Let's talk, shall we?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• I luv you Ethan =]

Re: Photobucket vs SmugMug

Ok, I have PhotoBucket, and it's free. All you have to do it upload your pictures and copy the URL (i think it's the URL) and put it where you want it. That's how I got all my VMK pictures on my signature.

-V~a~N~e~S~s~A~
    [ Will you always be there to hold my hand? ]

I love you Ethan =D

<-- Of course that isn't me?! Haha jk =D

• no flash photography...

I use both, but smugmug is the one I use the most.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

You can also use Flickr.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

i use smugmug... are you willing to pay would be the question... its worth it for me to post here for all you micechatters.... i also use to print pictures and share pictures with family... it works for me
    So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

http://rze51.smugmug.com/

• This space for rent

I use a pay service called Phanfare http://www.phanfare.com/ I originally got it for hosting videos, so I could share vids I shot at the parks for some friends of mine that live in the UK. Then got hooked on playing around with the slideshows, as well as doing most of my photo hosting too. I used to use photobucket for boards but not anymore.
    Last edited by upov; 04-10-2007 at 06:56 AM.

• Senior Minion

Photobucket seems to keep reinventing itself with features, but I do like SmugMug better with its page setup.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

SmugMug FTW

Would it change your mind if one of the founders of SmugMug was an avid MiceChat reader? I have been reading this site and forum for about two years now I think - but have not had the time to become a contributer (too much time working on SmugMug!). Of course, work has not stopped my family from going on trips: http://jt.smugmug.com/Disney

I think that our unlimited bandwidth makes us a good choice for storing photos that are viewed on forums. All of the other sites have their own unique advantages, but I know for a fact that we work the hardest at making our site the best choice for photo sharing.

I just started a MiceChat community on SmugMug here: http://www.smugmug.com/community/MiceChat. I invited the current MiceChatters I know about to join, but if there are more that I do not know about please go ahead and join!

JT

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Wow, your first post. My 2,000th post. Thanks for everyone's opinion. What's photobucket's limit? Or do they have a limit?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I use photobucket for random pictures on the board but Smugmug for all my albums. Something I didn't realize until yesterday, with Photobucket if you want someone to look at an entire "album" they have to have your password, because I posted a link to a page in my photobucket in one of the clubs but when people tried to get into it, it said it was password protected. They have "free" and "premium" memberships, I only have the free one and don't know anything about the higher level.

That was one of my biggest things about getting a Smugmug account in the first place. Before I had my photos at the Kodak Gallery site, but if people wanted to go look at my photos they had to sign up and become a member. With Smugmug all you do is give them the URL and they go there... no signing up, no questions, they just see your pictures. You have the option to "lock" any albums you don't want the world to see. Yes I pay for what I use to do for free but its worth it to me. Besides... I do like how you can "theme" the albums.

I know a lot of people on the site use Flickr like Hollywood said, and Clara uses Fotki but I don't know a lot about either of them.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Beep Beep!

I prefer Smugmug because of the features
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

• no one to be trifled with

Blog Entries

We're using Flock + Photobucket for general stuff. I currently use Flickr for anything I want to highlight. However, when I decide to pay for features, I plan to re-evaluate whatever is available at the time.

here at work, Flickr seems to be restricted, so downloads from there take forever, including embedded images in posts. (this is not a problem for me outside of work.)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I use Photobucket & Flock for most of my stuff. I have some old photo albums on Yahoo as well but you can't link to photos on there like you can on Photobucket.

For my home printing, I use Kodak's EasyShare software.