Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• no flash photography...

blackberry curve..anyone know pros and cons??

I'm thinking about getting the blackberry curve. I went to the cingular store and they suggested either the curve or pearl. I could not do the curve key pad easily. Are they just trying to sell me or is it a good product. She said it's new. Anyone hear anything good or bad about it?

Re: blackberry curve..anyone know pros and cons??

ok, it has pretty good reviews on the internet.

One more question. I was concerned it's on the edge network. The salesperson stated when the edge switches to 3G it will be supported. I don't know enough about that for that to make sense, but is it true it can run on the 3G network when it gets supported?

by the way I'm a cingular/at&t user..

• Minion

I haven't heard anything regarding Blackberry switching to 3G, so I don't believe it.

However, the Curve is the best Blackberry if you're a multi-media type person. It's my second favorite phone after the iPhone. You made a GREAT CHOICE!

I'm glad to hear that. I ended up ordering. I was just pricing it out with my company discount and when it went in the cart it was lower than the discounted price. I'm hoping it goes through ok and wasn't some kind of weird glitch.

So, is the edge really that slow? It seemed ok on the store model. My old phone is 3G and it is really. really slow sometimes.....

I wanted the iphone, but it will be more than I want to spend on a phone right now. I also figured (justified) that the iphone is new and may have some bugs to work out....so i will wait...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I'm glad to hear that. I ended up ordering. I was just pricing it out with my company discount and when it went in the cart it was lower than the discounted price. I'm hoping it goes through ok and wasn't some kind of weird glitch.

So, is the edge really that slow? It seemed ok on the store model. My old phone is 3G and it is really. really slow sometimes.....

I wanted the iphone, but it will be more than I want to spend on a phone right now. I also figured (justified) that the iphone is new and may have some bugs to work out....so i will wait...
    Edge is fairly quick. I was able to pull up google in about 1.5 seconds. It took my pearl about 20 seconds to pull up Micechat.

Not slow to me, but I only have an old 2G LG flip phone to compare it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    Edge is fairly quick. I was able to pull up google in about 1.5 seconds. It took my pearl about 20 seconds to pull up Micechat.

Not slow to me, but I only have an old 2G LG flip phone to compare it to.
    I'm glad to hear edge is ok.

Most of the time the 3G is ok, but sometimes the hour glass just stays there and nothing happens. I usually just get frustrated and disconnect. My flip phone will not load micechat at all even when it's set to mobile mode. It only gets the mobile network I guess.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Are you sure your phone is getting 3G coverage when you are using the data?

Edge is ok.. but 3G is significantly faster and possible to sustain higher speeds.

Does your company support Blackberry enterprise?

My biggest complaint with these phones (and what many learn too late is..) is the stupid size of the things. Pearl addresses that to an extent, but goes to show that its still a compromise.

I think the solution is still going to be a large screen and either a slider or clam. Sliders are frowned upon here in the states, but seem to be much more successful elsewhere.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm interested in seeing what's going to be available when I can finally upgrade my phone in November.

I did the a rather stupid thing. When I ordered the phone I accidentally put in the wrong phone number. I have since redid the order 9without checking out) and the price will be the same. I called cingular and they said it did not matter, when I call to activate it then it will be under the right number. My other concern is getting two bills. I normally use the regular cingular site and for this order I had to use the business site. The cingular rep said I would not get tow bills that will also be sorted out when I call to activate. I may be worrying needlessly...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yeah you pretty much are. Just explain the situation to the rep when you call to activate it and they'll get it all sorted out for you.

Let us know how you like the Curve. I was checking it out online last night and it looks nice. I want a "smartphone" when I upgrade so I'm assuming the choices will be good when I can finally upgrade.

• Down Pluto!

I dunno. If it's like the service I got with Cingular, you'll not only get two numbers but two bills, and spend countless hours trying to get it corrected. When you do get it corrected it will take setting up an entire new account, and then they will bill you for early termination of the previous contract.

Maybe when AT&T took over they fired all the lamebrains, but I somehow doubt it...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    I dunno. If it's like the service I got with Cingular, you'll not only get two numbers but two bills, and spend countless hours trying to get it corrected. When you do get it corrected it will take setting up an entire new account, and then they will bill you for early termination of the previous contract.

Maybe when AT&T took over they fired all the lamebrains, but I somehow doubt it...
    I really hope that does not happen. When I ordered it I did choose upgrade and it has my bill/account number on the order. I'm really hoping that doesn't happen.

I called At&T/cingular again today to confirm i will not get two bills. The rep said my order failed. I should place it again with the correct phone number. hmmm...ok...I go back to my desk at work and look at the order status, it says shipped with a tracking number. It will eb delivered on Wednesday. What is wrong with the AT7T/cingular reps? Why can they not give accurate info? I just have a bad feeling about this. :sigh:

• Down Pluto!

I battled for two years to get a misspelling of my name corrected. It was correct on my account set-up paperwork - but when the first bill came - there was a typo. Over two years many letters, faxes, photocopies, phone calls, and emails later - the typo remained. No one could change it without cancelling and setting up a new account. And they would not waive the early termination fee - even when it was their error.

On top of all that I couldn't even get service inside my house - I had to go outside to use my Cingular phone.

I certainly hope they get this resolved for you.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

I have called them everyday, writing down names, so my account will be documented at the least. Today i was told two orders went in , but they realized one was a duplicate so only one shipped. ...ok...I only placed one order. She also said to call in and activate the phone and everything should be fine and under one bill, but she did mention she can't tell if another account is pending. so, yeah...I'm not reassured. I guess I will find out tomorrow when i get the phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast