Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• no flash photography...

Printers...what would you do?

I have a really old printer from 1997 I think. It is a parallel port printer. It ran out of ink and it does still work. I figure to get more ink it will be $30 to $40. I was considering just buying a newer printer. My BF is of the mind, if it's not broke or is broke, but can be fixed then use it. My feeling is, the printer is old and I can get a new better one for $94. IDK...what would you do just buy ink for the old printer or upgrade it?

• Just your average Joe.

Blog Entries

Re: Printers...what would you do?

I would say it depends on how you are using it.
    If you are just printing text documents, then yeah, it's probably fine to keep using it. (Unless you can find a new one that has cheaper ink, that would save you more in the long run.)
    However, if you are using it for printing photos and such, a new one might be better, as it most likely would offer better speed, and/or resolution.

I finally broke down and bought a refurb network color laser from Dell, and it is great. I have had it over a year now and have yet to buy any toner for it. Sure it was $189, but in the long run, it has saved more by not having to spend $40-$50 every few months to buy ink.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe User 99 View Post
    I would say it depends on how you are using it.
    If you are just printing text documents, then yeah, it's probably fine to keep using it. (Unless you can find a new one that has cheaper ink, that would save you more in the long run.)
    However, if you are using it for printing photos and such, a new one might be better, as it most likely would offer better speed, and/or resolution.

I finally broke down and bought a refurb network color laser from Dell, and it is great. I have had it over a year now and have yet to buy any toner for it. Sure it was $189, but in the long run, it has saved more by not having to spend $40-$50 every few months to buy ink.
    we are mostly printing documents from it, but only because when I have tried printing photos I don't like the way they come out and we are out of color ink as well.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

You can get a new printer for $80 or less. Just shop around to see who has the best deals. I've seen decent printers as low as $35!

I'll do that. I think I will look at costco tomorrow. My BF just said if I get a printer that scans also then we can get rid of two of our old printers. We use mine to print in black (documents) and we use an epson which is broken for printing, but still scans to scan. It's really a screwy set up.

Target sometimes has really good deals on all-in-ones (printer/scanner/copier).

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    good ides. I'll check there also. I was reading reviews about the printer I was going to get and a lot of people say it goes through ink really fast. I wonder if that is a trend with printers now a days or if it's a bad design. When i can't decide I usually don't buy. I will continue researching...

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

I've seen decent printers as low as $35!

here! here!

and costco..surprisingly, staples!
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Is there a particular brand you're looking at? I'm fond of HP printers myself. I have one at home and one at work and I love both. Lexmark makes pretty good printers too.

Check these out:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000HEEOJM

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000HQJUS0

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000FJLBTU

This is the one I have at work. LOVE IT!
    http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=567789&Ns=p_Price_2|0&Nr=2000 00&N=2530015&An=browse

yes, I'm looking for an HP printer. Thank you for the links.

No problem. I really really love the one I have at work (the last link). I love my HP printer here at home too (DeskJet 5550) but they don't make it anymore.

• Banned User

I got mom an awsome printer ( lexmark) its a copier scanner, fax and printer all in one. and it cost 29.00 its fast and the ink is way cheaper then my lexmark. yeah I wish I had it.
    and I would trash that printer. its way old and would probably need up date drives and runs slow.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

No problem. I really really love the one I have at work (the last link). I love my HP printer here at home too (DeskJet 5550) but they don't make it anymore.
    We had one of those a long time ago...

but when we got a new computer we got a new Printer

HP Officejet 7210 all-in-one.

It prints, copies and scans, works well for us, we have only had to replace the ink once since December of last year.

• Banned User

Is there a particular brand you're looking at? I'm fond of HP printers myself. I have one at home and one at work and I love both. Lexmark makes pretty good printers too.

Check these out:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000HEEOJM

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000HQJUS0

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000FJLBTU

This is the one I have at work. LOVE IT!
    http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?...0015&An=browse

I bought the printer in the second link for my mom, I paid 29.00 and its awsome! very fast to. and the pictures come out awsome.

I bought a printer. They had the HP C3180 at costco for $63.00 and it came with the usb cable.

After reading a few bad reviews I was a bit apprehensive, but it works great. The pictures print very well. It's fast and quiet.

I love HP printers. I would not buy anything else. The older one still works great and it's a 722C.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast