• Minion

The iPhone Issues/Resolutions thread

So now that some of us have had our iPhones for a weekend, and had a chance to spend some time with them, I thought it would be a good time to create a thread about problems you may be having, and solutions if you are aware of any. I'll go first:

I have my gmail account on my iPhone, but when I send an email, my real name comes up as Marlin Spears instead of Marlon Spears. I tried to edit it from my iPhone, but there was no option. I figured it must be a Gmail error, so I got on my laptop and realized that on my PC, the name is correct. My only other guess is that maybe my AT&T account has my name listed as Marlin. I tried to pull it up this morning, but couldn't access the site, and I don't go to work today, so I can't pull it up there either.

Anyone have any guesses on how to change that?

• Minion

Re: The iPhone Issues/Resolutions thread

Okay, I fixed the problem. I just typed my name wrong LOL. You can edit your email settings from the settings menu.

Another issue people have been having is the web browser closing by itself. This can be solved by turning the iPhone completely off, and turning it back on.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Re: The iPhone Issues/Resolutions thread

I mysteriously lose my outgoing mail password. So mail won't send. It won't stay after entering it. Am on hold with Apple now (a long time), they are handing me upstairs to a "product expert"..I thought they were all supposed to be product experts?

Otherwise I'm loving the thing...even the AT&T service is pretty good.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]