Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

besides itunes, what is the best music site?

my son wants an MP3 player, I am thinking for his birthday . I use itunes, but I do know there is cheaper music out there. Emusic is 33 cents a song or I believe 9.99 for 30 songs a month, any other sites that might be as good and as cheap ? any of you use something different then itunes? Also whats you take on an easy player for a young boy ? thanks

• Narnian in Disneyland

6 hours and 29 minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Re: besides itunes, what is the best music site?

I always use iTunes to find music, then I go to Frostwire to download it. My brother had to pay for a Frostwire subscription, but I was able to get it for free on their website. Not sure why, but I was glad to be able to get free music. That is, if they have the song I want, which isn't always, but I don't really mind, since I'm not paying anything.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendolen View Post
    I always use iTunes to find music, then I go to Frostwire to download it. My brother had to pay for a Frostwire subscription, but I was able to get it for free on their website. Not sure why, but I was glad to be able to get free music. That is, if they have the song I want, which isn't always, but I don't really mind, since I'm not paying anything.
    you mean I can go there ,get music and add it to my itunes?? I see its free. I did not know any other music would allow itunes this is interesting! so how do you add the music to itunes?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendolen View Post

I just read this, maybe he got scammed??

Don’t get Scammed - FrostWire is FREE

March 19th, 2007 PLEASE DO NOT PAY FOR FrostWire or LimeWire in SITES that look like the picture below

DO NOT FALL FOR SITES LIKE THIS, YOU CAN USE FROSTWIRE FOR FREE ALL YOU WANT
    These sites even put video demos, with a model showing you how to search, download and burn.
    They even go and distribute OUR own FrostWire and put links to our servers and then charge people monthly fees.
    Please do not download FrostWire from other websites, only download FrostWire from the official site www.frostwire.com
    There’s no such thing as subscriptions or monthly fees, or one lifetime fee, etc. Since we don’t provide a download service, FrostWire is just a client of the Gnutella Network which is a FREE network.
    FrostWire.com doesn’t sell FrostWire, however it accepts voluntary donations from its users.
    If you are a victim already, look for an invoice, you will see it doesn’t come from FrostWire.com. First try to contact the company that charged you (not frostwire.com) and ask THEM (not us) for a refund, if you don’t succeed, then talk to your credit card company to open an investigation

Posted in General | 4 Comments

• Narnian in Disneyland

6 hours and 29 minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    you mean I can go there ,get music and add it to my itunes?? I see its free. I did not know any other music would allow itunes this is interesting! so how do you add the music to itunes?
    Actually, it isn't connected with iTunes. You can usually play the song on iTunes, though, if that's what you meant. I just like to search for new music on iTunes first, because you can't really browse on Frostwire, you have to know exactly what you're looking for.

• Playtester

My hubby and stepdaughter (she's 13) both have Sansa c something mp3 players and we subscribe to nabster. It's pretty easy to use once you get used to it. You are pretty much renting the songs for a month, not buying them, but I think it works good for us. I use nabster and my blackjack phone.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I use Limewire's free software.

I miss WinMX though.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Karla, anything you download it saves it to your computer.
    If you go to itunes and then file and then add folder/file, you can add that song from wherever you have it saved on your computer.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Huh?

http://www.japanfiles.com is great if he's into the underground/independent Japanese music scene. There's some pretty good bands there, too...
    -Tim

I miss WinMX though
    I miss the good ole days.
    i can't tell you how many CD's I went out an bought after swapping tracks with others to see if an artist was worth the money.

• Grumpy old man

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I use Limewire's free software.

I miss WinMX though.
    WinMX was wonderful. I spent most of my time on the chatrooms though.

The "trouble" with programs like Limewire, WinMX and (I'm assuming) FrostWire is they are "illegal" in that the RIAA is watching them (at least they watched Limewire last I heard) for those nasty internet pirates

I've been thinking of switching to a "legal" alternative, but I don't know of any that are DRM free.

• Minion

I don't know why people download illegally. Then we complain that there's too much crappy music on the radio! Support that artists. 99 cents for a song is super cheap.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    I don't know why people download illegally. Then we complain that there's too much crappy music on the radio! Support that artists. 99 cents for a song is super cheap.
    Or throw a hissy fit when the computer dies because eight million pieces of malware are eating away at the computer. My number one response to people who ask me for help with a computer that is acting funny is, "Stop downloading illegal music, then I'll help you." Amazingly, those free songs continue to win over the costs of a new computer.

• Grumpy old man

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    There's a whole host of arguments that could be used against that, but I not sure if this is the place to do so.

• Banned User

Thank you all for your help I guess I will stick to itunes, and I would never down load illegally. I think it would be just as easy to go get him some kids CD's and then add them to his MP3 player. we have plenty around here to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast