• Still lost in Neverland

How do you insert a 2nd CD/DVD drive?

I have that stupid interim computer until they figure out what is wrong with the big dude (It's been about 4 months now and nobody seems to know whats wrong with it). Anyway I have a CD Burner drive and space for two more. I have the DVD Burner out of the big computer and want to put it in this one. I got the plastic cover off but there is a big metal panel with lots of holes in it behind the plastic cover. I see no screws holding it in, but it swivels back and forth but I can't see any logical way to get this thing out so I can put the DVD Drive in.

How does one do this without pounding on the plate and possible breaking something? I tried to work it out and all that did was slice my finger. I need help on this one. Nothing I try to do seems to work.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: How do you insert a 2nd CD/DVD drive?

Depends on your case design, but if you are talking about the cut-outs.. most have the pre-sized areas that are held in with metal finger tabs.. usually 2 on a side. Some break easily by bending back and forth.. others.. not so easily.

Push.. bend.. snip if you have something that can get in there. Usually you take the front plastic cover off the whole front.. and just work on the metal front.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Still lost in Neverland

Well, I have tried all that except removing the entire front plastic cover and since this looks like and older model, and the side panels are hard enough to get off, I don't think I can even do that. It seems to have two small metal pins connecting the panel, one on each side near the bottom. The only thing is other parts in the computer bay area keeps the metal plate from revolving all the way around, you can only move it back and forth a little, not enough to even make the pins twist. Thanks for the help, but I am afraid I will have to figure out how to get the guy who is doing all the work on the other computer and who gave me this one, to come over here and do it for me. I am so afraid to hit anything with all the computer problems I have been having lately.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Disneyholic

Well worst case scenario (pun intended) you could buy a new case, you probably could benefit from a bigger power supply if its an older model anyway since your adding a new drive...

Best case, remove the front bezel I think you'll find there are two plastic clips holding the face plate in place that are easier to remove from the back, you may want to remove the existing drive so you have more room to work.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...