• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Wheather you want it or not , It's GrimmGreen's Ipod Touch review -lot's 'O' text-

as a disclaimer i want to say i have NEVER been an early adopter of new technology with the exception of when the Playstation2 came out. I allways wait for a company to work the bugs out before i decide it's worth my money

with that said , i was able to pick up a 16 gig Ipod touch from my local Best Buy store on Saturday afternoon.

--THE GOOD--

it's so shiny , the touch screen is truly amazing , it feels so natural and navigating music has never felt more perfect. Going from ACDC all the way down to The Who is a breeze thanks to the "flicking" motion of the touch screen. The coverflow is nice and kinda cool but i really don't use it that often. While a song is playing the album art is displayed beautifully on the screen

WiFi , i have a wireless router in my house to begin with so right out of the box i had a full WiFi signal and was able to use the built in Safari web browser to check my Gmail , Micechat and myspace , it's fast and easy , and even on the smaller sized Ipod screen it's easy to zoom in and out to read text

YouTube , the Ipod touch like the Iphone has a dedicated Youtube program that works a little different than youtube.com , you can search , and display videos by most viewed , and most rated , click on a video , flip the ipod on it's side , and watch as many family guy clips in glorious widescreen as you can handle. possibly my favorite part of the new ipod

the photo album, honestly i never put pictures on my 5th gen video Ipod , on that dinky little screen looking at an even smaller picture seemed a little silly to me But with the Touch i love having pictures on it , scrolling and zooming is actually fun , the big display looks great and the pictures look sharp and crisp ( assuming they were sharp and crisp to begin with ) definite thumbs up for the photo library feature

--The not so good--

16 gigs , this is my 2nd ipod so i don't really need to fill it with my entire music collection ( i have my 5g 13 gig video ipod for that ). That said i have most everything i want on it , including 2 simpsons episodes and 2 Sienfeld episodes and it's a little over 10 gigs full , that 16 gigs gets filled up surprisingly quickly. In that same breath it really makes you re-evaluate what music you really listen to. Do i really need every Metallica album on my ipod when i really only listen to the "kill em all" album? i really found myself saying " i really don't listen to that album" when i was adding music to my Touch , my library is streamlined more and it feels good , no more skipping every other song during a shuffle

pictures , now this is really just nit picking , but i would have liked to have been able to save pictures from the internet to my photos on the ipod and use them for a wallpaper or something.

headphone jack , i don't like having the headphone jack on the bottom of the ipod , it just feels weird , but i just need to get used to it

price , it's $400 freaking dollars!! , the way i looked at it was when the 2nd generation of Ipod came out it was the same price ( $399) for 10 gig's and all it did was play music. This new touch has the internet and you tube , music and video and a photo album all on a thin sexy touch screen

Yep it's worth every penny , i love mine and it fits exactly what i needed it do to

My Maleficent tattoo

• Banned User

Re: Wheather you want it or not , It's GrimmGreen's Ipod Touch review -lot's 'O' text

Awsome review!!
    thanks much

• Minion

Re: Wheather you want it or not , It's GrimmGreen's Ipod Touch review -lot's 'O' text

Thanks. I've been wanting one but at the price I think I'm going to have to wait a while because I don't really need one.

• Minion

I went around to ALL electronic stores around me, radioshack, best buy, circuit city, apple store, comp usa, another apple store, and neither had the iPod Touch...sold out, any ideas on where to look?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Order one online.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pveticket View Post
    I went around to ALL electronic stores around me, radioshack, best buy, circuit city, apple store, comp usa, another apple store, and neither had the iPod Touch...sold out, any ideas on where to look?
    from there site

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    from there site
    Thats my last resort, I was hoping to pay cash for it since I don't have a credit card yet (am only 15)