Thread: Fly Fusion Pen

• Still lost in Neverland

Fly Fusion Pen

I was wondering if anyone out there has purchased this device and can tell me a bit about it. I found a game that requires the Fusion Fly Pen and have read about it but it is very confusing to me. You get a disc to install on your home computer, but all the stuff on the game, and on the Flyworld site says it's self contained. Do I need the computer to use the Pen? I guess I am just maybe reading too much into this, but before I spend money for something like this, I would like to know if it really works like they claim. If anyone has one (It's made by Leap Frog so I assume it's mainly for kids) please let me know how you like it, how it works, etc. Since I am a kid at heart, and the game is Harry Potter in nature, I got the game but I don't know if I want to get the Pen. The Mauraders Map that comes with the game is pretty cool, so I could use it for display if you say the pen is not worth it.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: Fly Fusion Pen

I was thinking about getting the pen for National Novel Writing month, so I could write by hand and still have it on the computer (because I am not tech savy enough to figure out how to do that even though I have a scanner.), but I kept rationalizing "what is $76 really going to get me?" Knowing my luck with it, it wouldn't do anything. I like the idea behind it, but... I ended up just buying today a Alphasmart Neo :::insert big cool music here to show I actually got something big:::, to write the many novels on.

Oh! One thing that I really didn't like about the Fly Pen, and I had a serious debate about it was in order to work/read your stuff you need to get a specialty notebook with it that was $7 each but didn't have a whole lot of pages. And what happens if they discontinue it or like with the original Fly pen, the new paper doesn't work with the old pen? And it was just 2 years ago that it was introduced. That kinda' bugged....I mean for $7 a notebook, I want a giant notebook that I can really work with.

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Fly Fusion Pen

Amazon has it for a lot less. And they also have newer larger notebooks. But I was getting it for the game, the notebook and handwriting stuff would come later I guess. They also have a Pirates of the Caribbean game as well. I found a listing on Amzon for a new fusion fly pen in original box with all the stuff for $56.00. I bought the Marauders Map game at Best Buy for $9.95 and the Pirates game is priced the same. So the Pen is expensive, but the games are cheap as all they need basically is the special paper. I am still thinking about it though. I hope someone here has one and can fill me in on how it works.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples