• Minion

Jailbroken iPod touch

I decided my iPod was a little too boring for me, since I don't have WIFI at school there isn't much to do on it, so i jailbroke it. Its pretty awesome having the iPhone apps along with a dozen games on it. Anyone else do it?

• Neep meep beep

Re: Jailbroken iPod touch

Jailbroke?

• Just this guy......

Watch out for those third party apps....... You Iphone might become the Ibrick.

• Banned User

jailbroke? ummmmm nope m no understand... more info please..... this is a recording !!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

He is saying that he has placed software on his iPod touch that is not officially sanctioned by Apple for use on the iPod touch.

My guess is that he is actually using a different operating system than the one provided by Apple. A wonderful thing about UNIX based operating systems is that they can be made to work on just about anything.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    He is saying that he has placed software on his iPod touch that is not officially sanctioned by Apple for use on the iPod touch.
    awwww ok, well now that thats answered, please tell us what you did
    Sounds interesting!

• Minion

I was able to add an NES emulator to play games, so I have a bunch of really fun games, thats about it.
    I also got all of the iPhone Applications except for the Phone and Text messaging programs

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    Watch out for those third party apps....... You Iphone might become the Ibrick.
    I agree...

I am not sure how often Apple will be pushing out iPod Touch updates but there have been instances where customers who have installed third party apps on their iPhones, updated their firmware with Apple's latest update, have found their iPhone locked.

Making them an expensive paperweight...

Plus, I don't think Apple supports products with third party apps installed on them.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
    I agree...

I am not sure how often Apple will be pushing out iPod Touch updates but there have been instances where customers who have installed third party apps on their iPhones, updated their firmware with Apple's latest update, have found their iPhone locked.

Making them an expensive paperweight...

Plus, I don't think Apple supports products with third party apps installed on them.
    I'm going to definitley be careful with it and do my research before installing updates

iPod touch software 1.1.2 adds calendar functions
    By AppleInsider Staff
    Published: 09:00 AM EST

Arriving alongside iPhone software version 1.1.2 on Thursday evening was iPod touch software version 1.1.2, which adds new calendar functionality to the touch-screen media players.

The 158MB update began turning up via iTunes for some iPod touch users in the late evening hours, but is also available as a raw download for those users who don't mind triggering the install manually.

Thus far, one of the only visible features delivered by the update appears to be the ability to add and edit calendar events through the Touch's calendar application. Although these capabilities had long been available to iPhone users, Apple omitted them from the initial version of the Touch software presumably to help differentiate the player from the iPhone.

For his part, however, Apple chief executive Steve Jobs in a recent email response to a customer chalked the absence of the functions up to an oversight, calling it a "bug."

"The inability to edit and add calendar events is a bug that will be fixed in a future software update," he said.
    http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...functions.html
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

•   
    • Senior Minion

So you modified your iPhone to play old Nintendo games? I know that isn't the only reason you did this ... but I just find it odd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    So you modified your iPhone to play old Nintendo games? I know that isn't the only reason you did this ... but I just find it odd.
    Not iPhone, iPod Touch. I also added "Text Edit", and google maps, so not just NES

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pveticket View Post
    Not iPhone, iPod Touch. I also added "Text Edit", and google maps, so not just NES
    Ah, my mistake. Although I also know there were other things you added to it, but this one was the odd one.

Also, I'm overloaded on all this touch technology. I had the chocolate, and like all things, it started breaking down ... the touch sensor would go all haywire no matter the sensitivity setting I had it on. I gave up on it and now have a basic phone where the most advanced thing is text messaging ... not even internet access. So for now I'm staying away from the touch based gadgets.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Ah, my mistake. Although I also know there were other things you added to it, but this one was the odd one.

Also, I'm overloaded on all this touch technology. I had the chocolate, and like all things, it started breaking down ... the touch sensor would go all haywire no matter the sensitivity setting I had it on. I gave up on it and now have a basic phone where the most advanced thing is text messaging ... not even internet access. So for now I'm staying away from the touch based gadgets.
    I actually thought that the touch screen would not be responsive ect, but it really is amazingly fast and i love it

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

yeah i didn't really like the NES emulator , other than showing it off it's somewhat hard to actually play , Rampage is kinda fun , but the Mario games are a pain to control. Did you see that there is a GBA emulator in the installer now? i haven't tried it out yet.

My Maleficent tattoo