Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Question What do you think of my Website?

This is not my personal Website, its a site i made for my Work. We don't have a Website so I decided to make a site to show my boss how it could look. I tired for a basic look so it could not confuse anyone. No fancy tricks just a web site to go and find out prices, hours and what not.

So tell me what you think? Anything I should do differently. (Besides the Pages that say Coming Soon) Thanks for your opinions, thoughts and comments. (Also yes I know this is not a real website, its just to show what we could do)

http://www.freewebs.com/zallball/index.htm
    Last edited by JerrodDRagon; 04-15-2008 at 08:36 PM.

• Hooterville, USA

Re: What do you think of my Website?

Where am it? I don't sees it.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^thanks here it is and I put it on my first post.
    http://www.freewebs.com/zallball/index.htm

• aka LIANNA

Blog Entries

I like the website! You're not using colors that hurt visitors' eyes, and everything is very simple to navigate!

~Lianna~

• no one to be trifled with

Blog Entries

Pleasant. So, noo flattering pictures of the indoor batting cages available?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Not, yet I will put some up as soon as me and my boss talk about the website.

• Down Pluto!

I certainly hope you don't use freewebs for the actual site.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    I certainly hope you don't use freewebs for the actual site.
    Funny I was going to say the same thing. For a company websites are so cheap you can afford a few bucks a month to be ad free.

The only think that I can think to add is to populate you Meta tags. (I know some people don't think that they do much, but it costs you nothing and it will help people searching for you.

• RCMC BlackSmith

Nice! I like it. Not too over the top, and not too under the top!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I like it,short and to the point, the only thing I did notice was Lessons was spelled wrong on that particular page. Otherwise, great job!

I would also like opinions, I just completed the layout of my site. Have to finish uploading the photos but I bought the premium package for freewebs and its suiting me just fine.

What do you think?

www.wdwfanpics.com

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post

What do you think?

www.wdwfanpics.com
    It's ok I suppose. It is freewebs, and you are using their template. Kind of stodgy and just like others using that template. Write your own code and be creative.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

It's ok I suppose. It is freewebs, and you are using their template. Kind of stodgy and just like others using that template. Write your own code and be creative.
    But I do write my own code, within the site itself. Sure there are limitations to the formatting that can't be helped but I like that it gives me a base to go off of, saves any hard coding I have to do in the beginning and let's me have more fun with it.

Do you think the quality goes down on a site because the host gives you the tools to start it for you? I guess it goes back to what a person's definition of "creative" is.

• Down Pluto!

Just my observations, and of course there is nothing wrong with using templates. I was just urging you to step beyond. Creative is personal I suppose. If you feel you were creative - then that is enough.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Just my observations, and of course there is nothing wrong with using templates. I was just urging you to step beyond. Creative is personal I suppose. If you feel you were creative - then that is enough.
    No, no I appreciate your advice, I hope it didn't come across the other way. I was curious why you felt that way is all. Thank you for answering me!

• Down Pluto!

Your response caused me to have another look at my original response because we (or at least "I") often don't see how others can perceive what we post. With no facial or body language, we only have words, and sometimes they don't convey the tone in which the message was intended.

To expand and hopefully clarify - Freewebs when used without their annoying advertising is a more than acceptable host. They do provide templates to make the page/site creation easier for the novice or for the experienced developer with certain constraints.

I was encouraging you to consider thinking beyond the constraints of pre-made templates and develop your own unique look and interactivity. Personally, I use templates on occasion as a springboard as they can contain a pre-made framework nearly identical to what I would construct on my own, but save me that extra bit of work. I can then remove the "features" of the template I don't want and substitute my own. A time saver to be sure. My concern was when a template is used as-is and aside from words and pictures, may look just like another site/page using the same template.

Since you stated you do use your own code in conjunction with the template - then you are being creative as I originally posted. My observation, and based on my personal preferences, your fan site appears very "inside the box" meaning rows and columns - right angles. Looking at the photos on your site - there are few right angles rows/columns. The Disney items have a more organic, fluid look. I don't think the squareness compliments them as well as something more angular or curved. You have a gradation in some of the major cells that does provide some curved texture - a big plus in my view. I just think it may be more visually appealing with less squareness. But that is just my opinion. Thanks for letting me explain, and thanks to the OP for the derail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast