Thread: Free Ringtones

• For You!

Free Ringtones

Is there anyway to get a free ringtone - or just create your own? I keep seeing the free ringtone ads, but they're only free after you've paid $9.99 (so weird).

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Free Ringtones

Depends on what kind of phone you have. If you have a Blackberry, you can get free mp3 ringtones at www.crackberry.com. They have a section for free wallpapers too (or you can make your own).

• For You!

I have an alltel.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Most all phones that suppport MP3 ringtones will accept homebrew ringtones, you just have to format them correctly. The standard format is mono MP3 with a bitrate of 64 Kbps at 22 Khz. Connect your phone to the PC via a USB cable, and transfer to the phone. Then select the MP3 file as a ringtone and it should work.

I used http://www.thumbplay.com/ when you register they give you 10 ringtone and/or picture credits. They send you the ringtones via a TXT message. Then once you have used your 10 credits you have to pay for them. Each song or pic is valued at 1 credit. I only used up one credit about a year ago and when I just pulled up that website and entered my cell # to sign in it said I have 9 credits left. And they do have a lot of Disney ringtones!

• Circle of Ancients

I can create my own ringtones with my phone since it reads MP3 files. I usually edit it down in a program such as Audacity, picking the part of the song I want and then add it as a ring-tone. Works great.

• For You!

I checked that site - again, you get them for $9.99. I shouldn't be so cheap, but those sites make me nervous - I don't want my cellphone number to be "out there" and I'm afraid I'll never get them to stop charging me monthly.

Also, I don't have a regular USB port on my phone - or a cable that goes with it. So, I guess I don't have a choice.

Over the last year I may have gotten maybe two or three TXTs from them reminding me that I still had credits available. Never recieved any unsolicted phone calls on my cell. And I got the first 10 credits free, I never gave them any money. May be I signed up with some kind of promotion and forgot about it since it was almost a year ago but I thought it was 10 automatic credits just for signing up.

• Why do you keep talking?

www.myxer.com

or the way I do it is I edit a song I want down to 30 seconds, I put them on my memory card under my sounds folder, then I send them to myself as a media message where I can save it as a ringtone.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• For You!

Thanks for the great site, but I guess my cheap-o phone isn't supported. If only I hadn't lost my other phone! Stupid airports.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I can create my own ringtones with my phone since it reads MP3 files. I usually edit it down in a program such as Audacity, picking the part of the song I want and then add it as a ring-tone. Works great.
    That's exactly what I do. Only I use Audio Editor Gold, crop the song, lower the bit rate a bit then e-mail it to my phone and it arrives as a pix message and then I can save it as a ringtone. I have a text/pix plan, so it costs me nothing and no cords involved.

Do a search for your phone, via ask, google, etc and look up ringtones for it. That's how I learned about how to make my own ringtones. I looked up the phone on amazon.com and looked at their message board for the phone and someone had asked about ringtones and was given a link to another board which explained it step by step.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    I checked that site - again, you get them for $9.99. I shouldn't be so cheap, but those sites make me nervous - I don't want my cellphone number to be "out there" and I'm afraid I'll never get them to stop charging me monthly.

Also, I don't have a regular USB port on my phone - or a cable that goes with it. So, I guess I don't have a choice.
    Usually you can buy a cable that your phone supports on the internet. Sometimes you can buy it through your cell phone provider as well. And if your phone supports it, then you can load it onto your phone that way. That's how my brother used to make our ringtones for our old samsung phones.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

There used to be a site to create your own - 3gforfree, maybe?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...