Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Artistry of the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel

Sigh...more lovely photos. I really like the facades for the shops on the outside. Really ties World Bazaar into the theme.

Also, I'm beside myself about that decorative cushion!! I MUST have that somehow! My house is Victorian themed, and that would fit SO perfectly with what I have...even the colors!!! UGH!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Oh! I love those cute little purses and that pillow. I'd have to keep my pocketbook away from the shops, I would probably buy some out. LOL

• Minion

Great pics, thanks.
    Down with the Hat

• Oo-de-lally

That hotel looks so amazing. I really want to stay there one day. These are some great pics. I really like the big chairs. I wish they would make one like that here in California.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

What a gorgeous hotel and the grounds are beautiful. Thanks for sharing

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• The Darkness to Light

I love how the hotel at night looks so much like the lighting of Main Street. Makes me wonder how the gardens look at night, because I bet those have some fantastic night lighting as well.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Disney fan from Thailand

all picture very beautiful ,especially to night shot. Great Pic TDR ^)^

• Munchings & Crunchings

You know, I wonder if this will be the model they take when they demolish the original Disneyland Hotel. They were planning on just remodeling each tower one at a time, but found that the infrastructure couldn't handle it, and now the word is that the whole hotel will come down and started from scratch. I would love it if they decided to build one just like TDL Hotel in that spot. It would be a great compliment to the area.

• jeffrey

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    You know, I wonder if this will be the model they take when they demolish the original Disneyland Hotel. They were planning on just remodeling each tower one at a time, but found that the infrastructure couldn't handle it, and now the word is that the whole hotel will come down and started from scratch. I would love it if they decided to build one just like TDL Hotel in that spot. It would be a great compliment to the area.

I sure hope so!!! Disneyland is the only resort that does not have a victorian theme for it's flagship hotel.

This hote looks great too btw. I will definatly stay there if I ever go to Tokyo Disney.

• For a new Gotham!

I love how much more Disney-themed the decor is, compared at least to the Grand Flo. I feel like at GF you have to look for Hidden Mickeys if you want to see Disney Characters in the decor, but they are deliciously plentiful at TDL Hotel. Without, of course, taking away from the grandeur and class. Thanks so much for sharing!

• When Will It Return?

They can't build something as grand as the TDL Hotel at Disneyland in Anaheim, CA for the simple reason of the hotel room rates. Are you hearing all the complaints about ticket price increases? Imagine if the Disneyland Hotel matched what Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is asking for in terms of per night room rates. There's no way that would fly, especially with the Grand Californian already charging rates close to TDL Hotel's rates, no matter how OMGZ!!11!! awesome it may look. If Disneyland Hotel started charging higher rates than DGC, then there are now 2 'luxury' hotels leaving the Paradise Pier Hotel as the lone 'affordable' Disney hotel at Disneyland. Doesn't seem to make very good business sense to do that.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    If Disneyland Hotel started charging higher rates than DGC, then there are now 2 'luxury' hotels leaving the Paradise Pier Hotel as the lone 'affordable' Disney hotel at Disneyland. Doesn't seem to make very good business sense to do that.
    Well, that's exactly what they do at TDR...2 luxury hotels and one moderately expensive one...and that seems to work for them, so why not in Anaheim.
    Down with the Hat

• Minion

Just as a supplement to my previous post...here is a concept art of the unbuilt Westcot expansion to Disneyland Resort. There were several new themed hotels that were supposed to be built as part of this expansion. In this picture, Disneyland is at left, and Westcot is at center top (where DCA is today). At lower left is a large Victorian themed hotel.

Last edited by tasman; 08-06-2008 at 03:40 PM.
    Down with the Hat

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Lovely photos. Thanks!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    They can't build something as grand as the TDL Hotel at Disneyland in Anaheim, CA for the simple reason of the hotel room rates. Are you hearing all the complaints about ticket price increases? Imagine if the Disneyland Hotel matched what Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is asking for in terms of per night room rates. There's no way that would fly, especially with the Grand Californian already charging rates close to TDL Hotel's rates, no matter how OMGZ!!11!! awesome it may look. If Disneyland Hotel started charging higher rates than DGC, then there are now 2 'luxury' hotels leaving the Paradise Pier Hotel as the lone 'affordable' Disney hotel at Disneyland. Doesn't seem to make very good business sense to do that.
    Oh.. I agree that many people will not want to pay the same amount they charge at the TDR Hotels.. and even I can't afford them... However, seems to me that many of the western (and mostly american) fans who stay there are very willing and able to pay for a superior Disney experience. However, I can also agree that Disney Co. itself has lost touch with the affluent clientele they could build some of these properties for, choosing instead to "wal-mart" the product, which they do so well at WDW. However, seems to me not everyone wants to stay in inferior quality hotel like the All-Stars at WDW. And in regards to the Miracosta and the TDL Hotel... well, Disney Co still has not given us hotels of that service and theming caliber in our US parks.. They have come close with the Grand FL and CA properties but not pushed the envelope as they did at TDR.
    Besides... if people are not willing to pay premium accomodation prices on Disney property... then why are they giving the Four Season Resorts license to build on WDW property? I think the same will eventually happen at DLR if DisCo. itself keeps lowering the standards of their overall resorts' quality.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast