Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Artistry of the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel

The Tokyo Disneyland Hotel opened it's doors on July 8th, 2008. Many may love it and some may dislike it... but there is no denying the TDL Hotel is grand, unique and elegant in every possible way. Not to mention is lovingly decorated with some pretty nice works of Disney art. The following pictures will show you some of that, while showing you around the hotel's public areas...

Arriving at the Hotel.

Driving up to the Porte Cochere

Fantasia Topiaries at the hotel entrance

Mickey Fountain

Porte Cochere.

Inside the lobby... a Minnie statue greets us.

Mickey's Statue.

The Front Desk.

This lovely World Bazaar painting hangs behind the front desk...

..and so does this lovely winter time park scene.

In the Convention Hall area.. Cinderella's story is told thru lovely paintings

Elegant chandelieres in the convention hall

Cinderella's Story in the Convention Hall.

Inside the Belle Conference Room.

Guests relaxing in the main lobby.

Elevator cage incorporates the classic Disney characters in the ironworks fence.

Tinkerbell sits pretty at the top of the fountain in the lobby.

Another view of the expansive and elegant main lobby of the TDL Hotel.

There will be another 20-some pics coming... if the interest is there. You let me know.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Re: Artistry of the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel

yes yes yes!!! more more more!! And if you have any pricing references to include, would be much appreciated! BEAUTIFUL so far!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• If We Can Dream It...

Wow! (To both the pics and the hotel)

Quick question: Is the hotel rather dark inside? Or are the photos deceptive? In all the pictures I've seen, it seems far darker than the DLP Hotel and the GF.

Thanks TDLFAN.
    - Horizonsfan

• Tomorrow's Child

Wow those World Bazaar and Winter scene pictures are stunning!! As is the rest of this fine hotel. Best in the Disney Empire surely?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

How lovely! Now if I can just find a random bag of money out by the highway so I can afford to stay there...

• World Traveler

Of course we want to see more, TDLFAN. There must be many, many more pics!!! I'd love to see their gift shops and restaurant photos.

Did you buy anything there or eat there?

• The Darkness to Light

Dude, I love that elevator shaft/cage! I want to see more of that alone, both from the outside and from inside the elevator!

I'm also curious if you got any close ups of the little lobby details like the carrosel and the other artwork! I know you did, so please, show them!
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Banned User

On with the show...

The Lobby features this lovely Disney Character House....which when turned around...

..You can see many rooms featuring several Disney characters in very small details. Please see other photo threads by Ichigopara and Thai for those details in the house. This is comparable to the character house found in one of HKDL's clothier shops in Main Street USA.

Once again.. that STUNNING ceiling above the main lobby.

The Rooms' Hallways feature lovely wall decor.

The Sorcerer's Lounge in the Lobby.

This is the HUGE Lounge Bar in the main Lobby.

Morning Buffet at the Lobby's Louge.

Biggest Lounge chairs of any Disney Hotel are found here at the TDLH lounge.

The staircase to the lower level drops below the Lounge. This is the way out of the Hotel towards TDL Park.

Staircase as seen from the lower level.

Alice in Wonderland.. a tile/fresco at the staircase.

Canna Restaurant. A very stylish place to eat.

Inside Canna Restaurant.

The "Looking Glass Gifts" is TDLH's sundries/convenience shop in the lower level.

Sherwood Restaurant. Very popular for breakfast as the line went out the door at 9am.

Sherwood Restaurant maitre d' greeting area.

The TDLH's gift shop, "Disney Mercantile"

"Disney Mercantile" gifts.

The gift shop features this lovely animated Snow Globe fixture in one of the rooms... and TDLFAN wants it in his Disney Room at home in Orlando.

The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique's greeting area.... before entering the "tranformation" room, aka styling/grooming area.

There are a few more photos in my file... in case anyone is still interested. Just let me know and I will post them by tomorrow evening. In the meantime... DO CHECK the current WEEKEND UPDATE for Aug 2nd... where a few other of my TDLH pictures NOT shown here were posted a couple of days ago..

• Banned User

Allow me to answer a few of your questions...

All4Disney... the current rates are posted if you use the link below, and keep in mind the currency exchange is around 107 yen per US$1.
    http://www.disneyhotels.jp/english/r...h_price_e.html

Quick question: Is the hotel rather dark inside? Or are the photos deceptive? In all the pictures I've seen, it seems far darker than the DLP Hotel and the GF.
    I have a cheap camera, so the pictures may be deceptive.. however, the color scheme inside the hotel mirrors that of the outside of it and the current Cinderella Castle color scheme. It is a bit darker than what we are used to at the Grand FL, DLPH and the HKDLH... but certainly not as dark as the Grand CA is. But I assure you... the lobby does not appear to be any darker than most other grand lobbies the other luxurious Disney hotels.

Best in the Disney Empire surely?
    IMHO? NO. I still give that distinction to the TDS Hotel Miracosta, but I think the TDLH is definitely a close 2nd or 3rd... with special mention to the stunning lobby and location of the HKDL Hotel. You can't beat the China Sea view at that particular location, and many of the touches from that hotel, were also applied
    here to the TDL Hotel.

I'd love to see their gift shops and restaurant photos.

Did you buy anything there or eat there?
    I basically bought at least one item from most things available at the gift shop. I will post those pics if you want me to... As for the restaurants... I have not eaten in them and presently do not have more pictures of those... Sorry

Dude, I love that elevator shaft/cage! I want to see more of that alone, both from the outside and from inside the elevator!
    My apologies. I do not have any more photos of the elevator shaft, nor did I get to ride in it. Maybe next time, I will take some more.

I'm also curious if you got any close ups of the little lobby details like the carrosel and the other artwork! I know you did, so please, show them!
    Sadly, my time visiting the Hotel was limited and there was only so much I could photograph, but (hint hint) check this week's Weekend Update for some more of those details...http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/weekend-update/550-welcome-weekend-update-august-2-2008.html
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 08-03-2008 at 11:09 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    IMHO? NO. I still give that distinction to the TDS Hotel Miracosta, but I think the TDLH is definitely a close 2nd or 3rd... with special mention to the stunning lobby and location of the HKDL Hotel. You can't beat the China Sea view at that particular location, and many of the touches from that hotel, were also applied here to the TDL Hotel.
    That is exactly how I feel about the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. In fact, I was particularly amazed at how similar it was to the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel. The marble flooring, carpeting, furnishing, and overall atmosphere were nearly identical in both. The only notable difference was the much larger scale of the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, which is especially obvious in the grand Atrium Lobby. But while I was absolutely blown away by the grandeur and sheer beauty and luxury of the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, I can't help but feel that the intimacy, setting, and refined elegance of the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel works just as well. They are both stunning hotels and my personal favorites along with the Hotel MiraCosta, which really can't be compared as it has a completely different design and theme.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• The Darkness to Light

WOW!! Canna looks so... wow... I don't think I could afford to eat in a place that fancy is what I guess I'm trying to say.

What's the menu like for such an upscale resturant like that?
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

GF on steroids indeed! Lovely photos, you know TDl I wouldn't get to see anything regarding Tokyo if it wasn't for your photos, thanks so much for bringing them to us.

• Loves Mickey!

Great pictures as always! From your weekend update pictures the one with the rainbow from the stage show was such great timing too!

WOW!! Canna looks so... wow... I don't think I could afford to eat in a place that fancy is what I guess I'm trying to say.

What's the menu like for such an upscale resturant like that?
    The prices for Canna are actually less than the restaurants at the other hotels like Hana and Oceano. They have three dinner courses to choose from for around 95$, 75$ and 50$.

http://www.disneyhotels.jp/tdh/japanese/rest/canna.html

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thank you for posting your pics here, and in the weekend update! I love them. This hotel continues to impress me in photos. I just love all the little details. Such a classy place. I like the Disney dollhouse, and it figures they put Ariel in the bathtub...better than the toilet, I guess, LOL!

Oh, and cheap camera or not, TDLFAN, the pictures you took are great!

• Banned User

This is the last set of pictures for this photo tour....

Lovely Curio cabinet in the TDLH lobby. Contains many Disney items.

Lovely Sleeping Beauty painting in the lower lobby.

Disney Mercantile Gifts

Some of the exclusive Hotel merchandise... Plushes

Teeshirt

pens, pins, buttons, playing cards.

Decorative cushion and plate.

Other hotel accessories such as memo pads..etc.

Ticket Holder neckstrap with coin purse.

Leaving the Lobby area and exiting towards TDL Line Station and TDL Park.

The Hotel's is surrounded by lovely gardens and topiaries.

Marquee outside the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

To the left! To the left!

TDR Line Monorails travel from the outside of the Hotel to other TDR destinations.

Magic Memories Photo Studio, located in the courtyard area.

Sherwood Gardens Restaurant.

Around the Courtyard...

Finally... Nightfall over the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast