Stalking the Miracosta website for spring 09 rates

Am I the only one doing this?? The calendar's up through March 2009 but that doesn't help me for my May 2009 honeymoon. With the booking limit 6 months in advance, they're going to be overdue with a calendar in a week!

With Golden Week, I need to tread carefully in terms of crowds and hotel costs, so the Miracosta rates are key. I'm tempted to just take a best guess based on the May 2008 rates. WHY do they like to keep me in suspense like this??

That's all. I'm done.

• Minion

Re: Stalking the Miracosta website for spring 09 rates

I would guess that the May 2009 rates will be up November 1.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Have you tried calling the reservation phone number?
    The people in guest relations are very nice and polite and will go out of their way to find your answer. That's how I found out about Monsters Inc's opening. They might be able to tell you something even if they can't take a reservation. Remember they take reservations six months to the date, as I was told by them. I'm planning on going May too and will stay at both the DL Hotel and MiraCosta and then at the Sheraton (which can take reservations now). You'll find the phone number on the TDR website--just be patient when you call, it will eventually speak English. And remember Tokyo is 16 hours ahead of LA. 13 ahead of NYC. Good luck and let me know if you find out anything more.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I would guess that the May 2009 rates will be up November 1.
    November 1 would be torture!!! I'd assume that all the rate calendars will be updated at the same time... though there's no precedent for the TDL Hotel rates in May!

Quote Originally Posted by GUYNYC View Post
    Have you tried calling the reservation phone number? ... I'm planning on going May too and will stay at both the DL Hotel and MiraCosta and then at the Sheraton (which can take reservations now)... Good luck and let me know if you find out anything more.
    Yes, maybe I'll call and stalk them via phone as well. I had such a hard time getting through for my trip last time!! I used a calling card from the 99 Cents Store (totally awesome) and must've dialed the access number a billion times with no success. Eventually I did get through, but I remember it taking awhile. I'll let you know if I find anything out! What dates in May are you considering?

Quote Originally Posted by TomGirl307 View Post
    November 1 would be torture!!! I'd assume that all the rate calendars will be updated at the same time... though there's no precedent for the TDL Hotel rates in May!

Yes, maybe I'll call and stalk them via phone as well. I had such a hard time getting through for my trip last time!! I used a calling card from the 99 Cents Store (totally awesome) and must've dialed the access number a billion times with no success. Eventually I did get through, but I remember it taking awhile. I'll let you know if I find anything out! What dates in May are you considering?
    Use Skype. Can't beat 0.01 a minute

I'll be out there May 11th-19th. Let me know if you find out any pre-November information...

Quote Originally Posted by kayoss View Post
    Use Skype. Can't beat 0.01 a minute
    I wish Skype didn't sound so confusing to me, but it does! I agree, though, that 0.01 a minute is amazing. That's the best rebuttal to that McDonalds commercial about what $1 will buy these days. "I could call the Miracosta for 100 minutes!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GUYNYC View Post
    I'll be out there May 11th-19th. Let me know if you find out any pre-November information...
    You know how, when you call, you press 9+1 for English? I cannot get the automated system to register that I am pressing 9+1. Repeatedly. At different points during the automated message. I tried from my mobile and from my landline, and neither work. This is giving me deja-vu. I remember having this same problem last year!

In any case, I'll keep you posted if I learn anything. Thanks again to both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGirl307 View Post
    You know how, when you call, you press 9+1 for English? I cannot get the automated system to register that I am pressing 9+1. Repeatedly. At different points during the automated message. I tried from my mobile and from my landline, and neither work. This is giving me deja-vu. I remember having this same problem last year!

In any case, I'll keep you posted if I learn anything. Thanks again to both of you.
    Ah..... yes... the 9+1 issue. The system doesn't work when the office is closed or when there isn't an English speaking person to answer your call. So, you're probably either not calling from 9AM-5PM Tokyo time, or the single English speaking operator isn't available to take your call. Rather then have people wait, the system just doesn't work. It's courteous yet confusing. Typical of a lot of things in Japan.