Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• The Darkness to Light

Re: would you want the walt disney company to buy tokyo disney resort?

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I wouldn't speak to soon on that one as apparently Turtle Talk with Crush is going to be used as an attraction inside the S.S. Columbia in the not to distant future.
    Which begs the question: WHY?!

Crush in TDS I have no objection to, but in American Waterfront?! It would make more sense if they had him somewhere in Mermaid Lagoon.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Initially, my gut reaction was to think that you couldn't run a park the way they do in Japan here, because most people here just wouldn't pay more or care about a park that was well-run, clean and cordial...

But then, I reflected that that was probably exactly what they told Walt when he was wanting to make Disneyland in the first place. Too bad that project never panned out, eh?

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by lonegungirl View Post
    Initially, my gut reaction was to think that you couldn't run a park the way they do in Japan here, because most people here just wouldn't pay more or care about a park that was well-run, clean and cordial...

But then, I reflected that that was probably exactly what they told Walt when he was wanting to make Disneyland in the first place. Too bad that project never panned out, eh?
    I wouldn't say that. I mean, like you said yourself, there's Japan.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Actually, Tokyo Disneyland ticket prices are lower than Disneyland or Walt Disney World. Mostly because admission fees here go to pay off FOX (nee ABC) Family, GO.com and the latest Narina disaster instead of being put to the parks themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Voice View Post
    Actually, Tokyo Disneyland ticket prices are lower than Disneyland or Walt Disney World. Mostly because admission fees here go to pay off FOX (nee ABC) Family, GO.com and the latest Narina disaster instead of being put to the parks themselves.
    Don't forget Beverly Hills Chihuahua!

eh probably less that and more Tokyo having stronger merchandising? That's my guess anyways

alot of stores Disney runs become kinda redundant when they all share mostly the exact same shirts/souvenirs etc. I mean isn't food and money were the real profits are anyways?

• Banned User

In terms of ticket pricing between TDR and WDW... the 1,2,3,4-day passports are cheaper than the prices for 1,2,3, and 4-day tickets there. Also, keep in mind that TDR offers Starlight passports and After 3pm passports on selected days... and many Chiba resident offers as well, in addition to college student passes and even senior citizen passes. The only things that are more expensive at TDR over WDW are the Annual passports, hotel rates, food and beverage and most merchandise. TDR even offers a senior AP at a reduced rate (something WDW does not offer I believe, considering FL is the senior capital of the World). (EDIT- Ooops! I forgot most retired seniors work at WDW for low wages and can get themselves in for free) WDW goes very expensive on ticketing up to the 5-day passports but after that.. assuming you do not add water parks, DQ and park-hopping, you will be paying peanuts per day for your 6-day-plus passports.

Quote Originally Posted by JSpider
    probably less that and more Tokyo having stronger merchandising?
    While the merchandise at TDR is taylored for the japanese guests and their needs and it sells well for being useful and totally cute.... In my honest opinion what brings in the money is the high attendance rate that TDR sees on a constant basis... and once they get there.. they spend in most areas of the parks, not just at the gift shops. You also have to understand.. OLC is not only about TDR, as the company does have many other enterprises going on as well and the money comes into OLC in many ways besides TDR, however unlike WDC, OLC does give back to the guests in many ways with high quality events, attractions, and other facets that are considered "Disney Legacy"...such as cleanliness, staffing and overall true eagerness to surpass guests' expectations in every possible way. THAT aspect of the operation is now lost on WDC's parks but quite evident at WDW as a whole. The huge amount of money that is made at TDR, comes back to it in may positive ways and that is why TDR is simply the best Disney Resort on Earth.

• Minion FOREVER!

And the thing is THIS ISN'T JUST TDLFAN saying this... you'll hear this repeated by a majority of people who have visited WDW and TDR and DLR.

IMHO TDR really is the best in terms of the pure mechanics of what makes a Disney park. Only once one factors in nostalgia and quirkiness (both which only comes with age) does DLR enter into the picture.

Anyway, my two cents...

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    While the merchandise at TDR is taylored for the japanese guests and their needs and it sells well for being useful and totally cute.... In my honest opinion what brings in the money is the high attendance rate that TDR sees on a constant basis... and once they get there.. they spend in most areas of the parks, not just at the gift shops. You also have to understand.. OLC is not only about TDR, as the company does have many other enterprises going on as well and the money comes into OLC in many ways besides TDR, however unlike WDC, OLC does give back to the guests in many ways with high quality events, attractions, and other facets that are considered "Disney Legacy"...such as cleanliness, staffing and overall true eagerness to surpass guests' expectations in every possible way. THAT aspect of the operation is now lost on WDC's parks but quite evident at WDW as a whole. The huge amount of money that is made at TDR, comes back to it in may positive ways and that is why TDR is simply the best Disney Resort on Earth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12