Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

would you want the walt disney company to buy tokyo disney resort?

Would you want the walt disney company to buy the tokyo disney resort?

Re: would you want the walt disney company to buy tokyo disney resort?

Probably not. It would cost a fortune of money that could potentially go towards the other parks, and I think Disney management would really weaken the maintenance of Tokyo's impeccable parks/resorts.

Short answer: no
    Long answer: absolutely not

I'd much rather have The Walt Disney Company sell Disneyland and WDW to the OLC.

• steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Voice View Post
    I'd much rather have The Walt Disney Company sell Disneyland and WDW to the OLC.
    hahahahahaha.
    i wonder how much the parks would improve with OLC...haha.

but i agree with everyone else so far, OLC is doing a fine job with the tokyo disney resort.
    disney has it's hands full as it is.
    i've got no strings.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by a_shy_kid View Post
    hahahahahaha.
    i wonder how much the parks would improve with OLC...haha.
    Quite a lot actually. You see.... OLC cares about the little things... lke quality, staffing and cleanliness, while WDC does not.

So echo the same sentiment and say "NO". Leave TDR stand alone as the best example of what a Disney Resort should be like. OLC should be quite proud of that accomplishment.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Seeing that the OLC are starting to run its parks more and more in the same way Disney operates them, I fail to see what difference it would make. Now if OLC brought Disney I think it would be good for attractions and general upkeep in the parks, although the TDR CastMembers deserve most of credit here and not the company. But I would cringe to even think of the thought of having these stupid and silly meet & greet shows, produced by the creative entertainment arm of the OLC, featured in any of the other parks. In TDR it works because the Japanese love this stuff, but in the real world where we know the characters are not real it would be terrible for park entertainment.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by Another Voice View Post
    Just an FYI, I heard from an ex-friend and huge Disney Stock holder at the time that there were talks during Eisner's last days of the Japanese (not sure if it was OLC or just Japan in general) wanting to buy the entire COMPANY.

Never went down. Didn't find out why that was the case, because after that my friend and I had a falling out.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Quite a lot actually. You see.... OLC cares about the little things... lke quality, staffing and cleanliness, while WDC does not.
    And you're saying that WDC doesn't care about quality, staffing, & cleanliness? Well it does. OLC just takes it to the next level.

And you're saying that WDC doesn't care about quality, staffing, & cleanliness? Well it does.
    You've seen DCA, right?

In the U.S. the theme parks now just another marketing channel to hock the latest franchise. I'm not buying a ticket to see Disneyland anymore, I'm purchasing an opportunity to be pitched to and paying off the bonus to that super-genius qho thought the car insurance cavemen would make a swell television show.

In Japan the theme parks are still run to be theme parks as businesses in their own right. The money goes into trying to please me, trying to make me want to come back - and not tell me to run out an buy the 'Magical Fairy Pirate Princess - Tinkerbell Sings Hits from High School Musical' DVD.

In terms of OLC's operations, I wonder how much of the changes is being forced on them from Disney H.Q. as part of the worldwide blanding...er, branding of 'Disney Parks'. It sees like most of the changes have been forced on Tokyo. If the only attractions that Disney will let Tokyo build are part of the 'Cram Pixar Down Your Throat' campaign, I don't know how much OLC can really do to avoid it.

• Banned User

You've seen DCA, right?
    To be fair the whole DCA situation was a result of the previous Management, and money is now being poured in to fix this! So you can't really use this park as an example in the argument.

In terms of OLC's operations, I wonder how much of the changes is being forced on them from Disney H.Q. as part of the worldwide blanding...er, branding of 'Disney Parks'. It sees like most of the changes have been forced on Tokyo.
    Disney have no say in what attractions go into the Tokyo parks. Sure Imagineers can recomend attractions, but end of the day its still up to the OLC to say yes or no. Unless you are saying that OLC are a bunch of puppets with Disney pulling the strings. By the way expect more in the way of Pixar attractions to come.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Disney have no say in what attractions go into the Tokyo parks. Sure Imagineers can recomend attractions, but end of the day its still up to the OLC to say yes or no. Unless you are saying that OLC are a bunch of puppets with Disney pulling the strings.
    Yeah. If anything, the only control Disney has over OLC is approving what characters they can and cannot use. Which is probably why Roger got replaced in Dreamlights but they welcome more use of "unpopular" characters from the states like Marie and Chef Louie over at DisneySea. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future we end up seeing Gadget again at Tokyo.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    And you're saying that WDC doesn't care about quality, staffing, & cleanliness? Well it does. OLC just takes it to the next level.
    If that is the case, why is the MK so untidy, so under-staffed and the attractions we get are TV based (like the monster laugh club) as opposed to true quality and immersive experiences like the ones at TDS? So please, go see the other disney resorts on earth, not just TDR, then come here and make that claim....which made me laugh off this chair as I read it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Which is probably why Roger got replaced in Dreamlights but they welcome more use of "unpopular" characters from the states like Marie and Chef Louie over at DisneySea.
    In regards to Marie I think it was more a case of OLC noticing the likeness to that of Hello Kitty and deciding to cash in on it. I would be interested to know how many guest actually are aware she's from The AristoCats.

If that is the case, why is the MK so untidy, so under-staffed and the attractions we get are TV based (like the monster laugh club) as opposed to true quality and immersive experiences like the ones at TDS?
    I wouldn't speak to soon on that one as apparently Turtle Talk with Crush is going to be used as an attraction inside the S.S. Columbia in the not to distant future.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    If that is the case, why is the MK so untidy, so under-staffed and the attractions we get are TV based (like the monster laugh club) as opposed to true quality and immersive experiences like the ones at TDS? So please, go see the other disney resorts on earth, not just TDR, then come here and make that claim....which made me laugh off this chair as I read it.
    I'm siding with TDLFAN on this one. Sure OLC takes it to "the next level", but isn't that what WDW should be doing it too? Disney is supposed to go above and beyond your average theme/amusement park expectations. When I go to a Disney park, I expect the Disney quality they earned the reputation of back int he day... not Six Flags or Cedar Fair (to be fair I am a MAJOR Cedar Point fan). WDW really needs to step up their game and really get with the program.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast