Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Disney Magazine from Deagostini

Deagostini, the publishers of My Disneyland, has just released issue#1 of DISNEY DREAM FILE. The magazine has detachable pages with three hole punches to assemble in a binder. The first issue is 290 yen and comes with a special binder. Future issues will cost 580 yen. I will try to attach some images if anybody is interested!
    Last edited by forestlite; 10-17-2008 at 10:23 AM.

Re: New Disney Magazine from Deagostini

Very interested! please post some images.

• Banned User

I was not awared D'agostini was releasing a Disney related magazine apart for the ones that come with the MyDisneyland collection set.. (of which I am already in my #52 piece out of 100). Yes, I am interested in seeing the images or a link to their site.

Here are some of the images from THE DISNEY FILE magazine. I picked it up at a bookstore in Osaka along with MY DISNEYLAND #52 & 53. Two other things of interest while in Japan that I found was a set of miniature foods based on Lilo and Stitch. While I don't normally collect this type of product, I have to admit to being impressed with the workmanship and detail. Being from Hawaii, it was cool to see miniature shave ices, candies, and tiki drinks. The other item I picked up was the 1/16th scale of the Tokyo Disney Resort Cruiser. It has that retro look that I find appealing. In fact, I stayed at both the MiraCosta and Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, but wished I had booked a night at the Ambassador Hotel too. I really liked the smaller, more intimate feeling. The Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is beautiful but almost too overwhelming! I'll post pics of my trip and stuff that was available once I get readjusted to my time zone!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks for the info. I'll have to look around for it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    Here are some of the images from THE DISNEY FILE magazine. I picked it up at a bookstore in Osaka along with MY DISNEYLAND #52 & 53.
    Ok.. question: What bookstore in Osaka did you buy the MyDL #52/53? I have had very little luck finding the MyDL pieces in Osaka and Kobe, as most places seem to only pre-order them for locals who are collecting the set and not stocking shelves for average sales... Do you remember the bookstore you went to? Name and location...? Thanks.
    And thanks for posting the images...me wants to get this week when I arrive in Osaka on friday.
    BTW... I love*love* Hawaii. MY fav place on Earth and one that I hope to live at someday...

• Resident of the Caldera

Have you folks calculated how much you will have spent on the My Disneyland series when you finally reach no.100? Where do you have room for 100 of those boxes?
    The new magazine looks fun, by the way, and thanks for posting. What is the program you're using that inserts the thumbnails like that which expand when you click on them?

When I attached the photos to my response, it showed up as thumbnails. I actually thought I did something wrong and most other posts show the full image in the body of text. I'm pretty sure I don't have or use any special programs outside of what is offered on Windows Vista.

It is very expensive when you calculate the cost to complete the entire series of My Disneyland! In fact, I rather not think about it. The shipping alone is enough to make one weep. But as TDL Fan pointed out, its an incredible display. I also collect the Olszewski series (which is superior in its accuracy and detail), but this one has a charm of its own....plus I get to put together the whole park!

TDL Fan...I've been trying to find the name of that bookstore in Osaka, but to no avail. I did see more of My Disneyland at Maruzen in Ikispiari. I too love Hawaii....hope you get to move here one day (maybe when they open the new Disney resort in Ko'olina)!

• Banned User

Thanks for trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Have you folks calculated how much you will have spent on the My Disneyland series when you finally reach no.100?
    In the vecinity of US$1,490.
    Where do you have room for 100 of those boxes?
    The pieces inside the boxes are packaged in much smaller plastic containers than the boxes you see on the shelves at bookstores.... Rest assured I have recycled all of the extra cardboard that make up the size of those boxes.
    The new magazine looks fun, by the way, and thanks for posting.
    Still, I just came back from a whole week long trip to Japan and visited several bookstores in Osaka, Narita and even the maruzen store at Ikspiari.. and did not find these Disney File magazines.

I don't know if this will help, but I was staying at the Rihga Royal Hotel when I purchased the Disney File magazine. The store was within walking distance of the hotel and was actually a five or six story building that sold magazines, CDs, DVDs, toys, cards, etc. (each floor assigned to a specific product). Coming out of the hotel entrance, I took a left and walked a couple of blocks.

I finally started unpacking the Stitch Oli Oli Dessert Shop miniature boxes. I've attached photos of the first batch of items (great detail and paint work). There are eight differents sets which completes the entire scene. Also a photo of the Tokyo Resort Disney Cruiser diecast model along with one of the actual bus. The attention to detail and accuracy is fantastic!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by forestlite; 10-17-2008 at 12:47 PM.

• Banned User

Yes, that information does help. I think I know which store it is you went to as I am familiar with the area around the Rihga Hotel. Thank you. And yes, those Cruiser models are very legic and detailed. Just bought my #55 MyDL piece at Ikspiari Maruzen the other day.

• You have much to learn...

I have a question, a little off topic, but since we're on the topic of magazines/books and where to find them. I get the Disney Fan monthly here in the US-I do notice from the ad's in the magazine that they come out with a special edition version of Disney fan, which I've seen only once while in the Narita airport, but have never seen at any newstands or book shops in Tokyo or near Tokyo disney.

I noticed there was one for the 25th anniv- It looks like more delux Disney Fan with a squarebound spine- I do most of my magazine/book shopping in Ikspiri, the parks, or in the Tokyo train station & have never seen these there.

Does anyone know either A- What I'm talking about or B- Where to find them? Thanks for any help.

• Resident of the Caldera

I think all the special (non-subscription) issues of Disney Fan seem to be "perfect bound"--that's what you call that type of square-backed spine. Normally the magazine is saddle-stitched (stapled).

I bought that $160 die-cast replica of the Disney Resort Cruiser at the park last week. It was expensive, but exquisite. They were also selling an earlier version (almost $200 I think) when the park opened, but I missed that one.

And in case anyone is interested, they are still selling the fantastic metal model of the Nautilus in the shop at Mysterious Island for its original price of $390 (as opposed to the $700 that people on eBay ask, and claim it is no longer available).

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    I have a question, a little off topic, but since we're on the topic of magazines/books and where to find them. I get the Disney Fan monthly here in the US-I do notice from the ad's in the magazine that they come out with a special edition version of Disney fan, which I've seen only once while in the Narita airport, but have never seen at any newstands or book shops in Tokyo or near Tokyo disney.

I noticed there was one for the 25th anniv- It looks like more delux Disney Fan with a squarebound spine- I do most of my magazine/book shopping in Ikspiri, the parks, or in the Tokyo train station & have never seen these there.

Does anyone know either A- What I'm talking about or B- Where to find them? Thanks for any help.
    Yes, I know what you are talking about. That was the special 25th anniversary Disney fan issue back in late april or early may. Currently, there is a halloween version on sale. Those special issues are hard to come by once they sell out at the stands. the one you are talking about did sell at TDR when it premiered. It is now sold out it seems... unles you go searching high and low all over Japan, you may still find one left here or there.. but I have not seen them anymore at TDR nor the bookstores I frequent.

BTW... I still have not seen the DisneyFile magazine on sale anywhere....

• You have much to learn...

Hi,

I did manage to get the issue #195 here in New York the other day when I picked up my regular Disney Fan issue, that's when I realized they were sequentially numbered with the regular monthly issues. Somehow they are not a part of my monthly subscription, but they had 2 copies of it so I picked up the Halloween issue at least.

I probably won't be able to find the 25th anniv issue since I don't have too much time next week. I'll be at least 4 or 5 days at the parks & have only 1 or 2 free days- so I'm debating either Universal in Osaka, or just shopping my way around Tokyo- I never did see the Panda bears in Ueno last year since I was there on a day of the week where you could not view them.

I'll probably pick up the newest Tokyo disney resort magazine as well- I think it's #59 & looks like the food issue- but I'm just guessing by Chef Mickey on the cover

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast